One Piece Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from louisbry

louisbry

This is my attempt at a one piece cigar. I was inspired by Ron Hossack's (IAP Member RHossack) post last month. It is made with a crosscut spalted crabapple blank and a TI gold cigar kit. Comments are always welcome.
1_CigarCrabapple14.jpg

1_CigarCrabapple02.jpg

1_CigarCrabapple15.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

djpnevans

That is well done, I take it the nip stay's out. Did you cut the coupler down so it still holds the twist mechanism inside the tube?
David

Jim Smith

Louis,

Beautiful job! I love the look and design of this pen as it really shows off the terrific blank that you selected. What a great looking pen.

Jim Smith

bruce119

I like it also

It has the look of a long click really shows off the wood BTW is very very nice.

I seen this done before I believe you can twist the NIB to advance the refill.

Only thing I would do different is photograph it with the refill retracted (if it is retractable)

Bruce

jyreene

And now I'm off to search for that post. I like that. Good work. Of course now I also need to buy a few cigars and slimlines and try my hand at figuring out a one piece.

Last edited:

wood-of-1kind

Louis, is it retractable as Bruce asked? If YES, do you use a standard cigar tranny? That is a beautiful pen that you have crafted. Well done.:good:

Last edited:

RichB

You have made a beautiful pen. I like the idea. It really shows off the blank. What finish did you use? Thanks for showing, Rich

Last edited:

broitblat

That is a beautiful combination and well done. I think I like the one piece better than the traditional cigar -- especially for that blank.

-Barry

louisbry

Top Bottom