One of those days

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cmccarter

it started out well enough. I went out to the shop, the A/C was working fine and the blanks I had glued up the night before were all set up nice. Started on my first pen and worked a couple of hours getting the finish perfect with no scratches (acrylic pen) then started putting it together, this was a polaris type pen. it was going fine till I tried to seat either the top or tip, can't remember now, anyway it cocked and cracked the pen body, bad enough I couldn't fix it acceptably so clean off the tube and drill and glue in the tube. Figured I'd do it tomorrow. So started the next pen was going to be a classic till I discover that there must be several variations of this type pen and my bushings were wrong. Oh well on to the 3rd pen Started turning and was just about done when I hit a major void, totally unfix able. Last pen for today started turning and was almost done when I hit a soft spot while sanding, I did manage to recover this one but after that I just came inside and watched TV. Tomorrow is another day!

chester

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

U-Turn

Had a day like that today myself - sometimes things just roll along and sometimes you just need to go sit by the creek and cogitate!!

Top Bottom