Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by txbatons
<br />
Originally posted by neon007
<br />What did you use for the segmenting in the third from the bottom?

Looks like aluminum can to me.

The fourth from the bottom is an interesting shape.
Your right it's an aluminum can. Thought I would try my hand at a cross and the only thing I could find in my shop the fit the cut of my band saw blade was two pieces from a soda can.

I like fat pens so when I left the center band off that's what I came up with. Now, If I could just find a source for larger clips I would be all set.

DocRon

Interesting and well done. How comfortable are they to use? So far, I have turned only slimlines. Mainly because I am cheap, and I mainly give mine away, don't sell regularly. I have yet, in about three years, to turn one B to B - I thought that was just me [:D]

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by DocRon
<br />Interesting and well done. How comfortable are they to use? So far, I have turned only slimlines. Mainly because I am cheap, and I mainly give mine away, don't sell regularly. I have yet, in about three years, to turn one B to B - I thought that was just me [:D]
They seem to be comfortable, I haven't used them regularly, my main pen is a cigar. My wife has tested them and says they feel good. I too mostly turn slimlines because they are cheaper and I'm still trying to get proficient at the craft. That's a part of why there are so many different styles there. Trying to see what looks good and what doesn't and also to learn new techniques. [:)]

Good heavens, I just noticed my post count. I've posted about twice the number of pens I've turned. I never knew I was such a blabbermouth.[:0] I need to stop talking and start turning
[:D]

LEAP

Nice pens, Great job on the cross. Overall I like the variety but the 4th one from the bottom just does not do it for me. The shape just looks ackward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom