One of my ealiest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from walshjp17

walshjp17

This was my first venture into Tru-Stone. It is an Azurite Malachite on a Cambridge Hybrid TG kit. Not been very successful since. Most of the blanks I have tried since this one have chipped out really bad. May be due to the fact that I am trying to use an Easy Wood Tool Penturner or trying to get it done too fast.

Also, my first photo post. Thanks to Curly, I was finally able to resize my pix and upload. Woo-Hoo. Thanks, Curly:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Congrats on the photoshoot!

She is a bit 'plump' for my tastes, but I am usually wrong(just ask my wife, she'll tell you)! And I find very sharp tooling and a lot of patience goes a long way with TruStone stuff(just about anything for that matter)!!!

Scott (she's a big'un) B

76winger

Like a lot of the acrylic materials, (Inlace Acrylester for instance), using really sharp tools and taking your time goes long way to getting successful results. The tricky part with TruStone, is it dulls your cutter so fast. Thus you're either running to the grinder all the time to sharpen your gouge or skew, or you a carbide tipped tool to do the job. Although the life of the carbide cutter is shortened dramatically too, when turning TruStone and you end up rotating and replacing more.

I like the Azurite Malachite as well, you got a nice looking pen there!

Top Bottom