One of life's little mysteries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doc

When your wife sees a roach in the house, why is it she gets mad at you? It's not like you keep them as pets and one got loose. It's not like you don't spray for all the little critters. And it's not like you instilled a fear of roaches in her psyche. After 33 years of marriage, I still don't have a grasp on why it's my fault when one of the little nasty roaches shows up where she lives. I just don't understand. :rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beachlover

and yet there has still been 33 years of marriage. Well done!!
I'm guessing you don't remember that part of your wedding vows where everything is your fault.....

navycop

That reminds me of an episode of "til death". The wife (Joy) was mad at something and Eddie (husband) says to his friend "I'm waiting to see how this is my fault".

Longfellow

After 60 years of marriage I am nearing the point where I hesitate to breathe for fear it will bring the wrath of the Goddess down upon me. Nothing occurs in this world that is not my fault. Oh well, it can't gp on forever because soon we will be in diifferant locations. I don't fear where I am going because I have survived all these years with the sister of the master of the place I am headed.

Kenny Durrant

I heard a story about you. A preacher was preaching fire and brimstone and said he wished the devil would appear right now. A clap of thunder and cloud of smoke and there he was standing in front of him. The preacher was scared and turned and ran. The devil then looked at the congregation so they to ran. He stood there laughing when he noticed an old man sitting in the back. The devil asked if he knew who he was and the old man said yes. Satin asked you are not afraid and the old man said no. The old man asked do you know who I am and the devil replied no should I. The old man said well yes I've been married to your sister for over 40 years.

Mike D

The best thing you can do is accept blame and swear not to ever do it again, And don't make eye contact with her. Then hide in your shop in shame while you make pens or some other project.

GoodTurns

Quickly approaching 25 years (yeah, still a rookie)...one thing I have learned is to keep a stash of little gifts (frequently smalls bought from other crafters/artists at shows)...mine is easily distracted by shiny things, so it is always $10-20 well spent if I can distract her from whatever she thinks I did!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
There was a thread yesterday that led to a site where they identify "buggy critters" that might be in your home.

I was amazed to locate the "house centipede", which looks much like one I have seen in my bathroom. Upon further study, it seems this is a GOOD bug----eats cockroaches and other "not-so-good" bugs.

So, simply apologize to your wife--tell her you will run out and get some "house centipedes" to remove the roaches!!

I'm sure she will see the wisdom of your solution and be forever grateful!!!

or not!

kooster

See it's all about marrital compromise. We have it down to perfection in our house. Here's an example. When she cooks . . . "I" clean up. And, when I cook . . . "I" clean up. See . . . compromise. !!! No conflict whatsoever.

ronaldcolby

After 50 + years I can attest that men only have one fault: Everything they do and everything they say.

ren-lathe

And remember whats hers is hers and whats yours is hers. The other day I pointed out that the gray in my beard must be her fault after all 33 years ago when I married her I had none! :biggrin: This was not my smartest moment I married a redhead :eek: & have the scars on my soul to prove it. Just remember what I figured out years ago you gotta sleep sometime!

Jjartwood

When your wife sees a roach in the house, why is it she gets mad at you? It's not like you keep them as pets and one got loose. It's not like you don't spray for all the little critters. And it's not like you instilled a fear of roaches in her psyche. After 33 years of marriage, I still don't have a grasp on why it's my fault when one of the little nasty roaches shows up where she lives. I just don't understand. :rolleyes:

Thats why she hired you Doc!

PaulDoug

Ahhh come on! We just celebrated 45 years last week. I hasn't been all that bad. It does wear you down a little, when we were married I was 6'2". We we celebrated our 45th the other day I was at 5'7"!

doc

Thanks for the feed back guys. I'm obviously not in this canoe alone. Your comments were comforting and often funny too. We live with what we have and if that's my biggest problem, I'm pretty lucky. Doc

Longfellow

My wife of 60 years has been like that everyday we have been married. I also get blamed for rain, hot temperatures, high food and gas prices, and noisy trash collectors at 7 AM. I now do everything possible to avoid being within earshot of her. But she is a good cook.

Top Bottom