One more Pencil----I had to-----I just HAD to

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

I know you folks have to be getting tired of seeing these but I just had to.
Lets see was it Don that did this to a pen?????
It is Amboyna and Rattlesnake
We aint going to talk about the fact that I spent 5 hours working on this. But I am very VERY happy with the way it came out.
Both pics same Artist Pencil from CSUSA
Hope you all enjoy

2006113221220_snakepen2.jpg

2006113221553_snakepencil3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Gary,
Not me! Keep 'em coming. Looks good. On slimline tops I sandwich a snake skin blank between two slivers of wood that matches the bottom half. I just don't like the looks of a slimline with snake skin on both pen halves. I do like the look of snake skin between wood like you did here. I just posted a picture of a slimline with a snake skin CB. I just like the looks of snake skin.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />I know you folks have to be getting tired of seeing these but I just had to.
Lets see was it Don that did this to a pen?????
It is Amboyna and Rattlesnake
We aint going to talk about the fact that I spent 5 hours working on this. But I am very VERY happy with the way it came out.
Both pics same Artist Pencil from CSUSA
Hope you all enjoy

2006113221220_snakepen2.jpg

2006113221553_snakepencil3.jpg

kenwc

I like making those also and now that you can get plating other than gold. I I've sold about 10 of them. Mostly to ladies buying them for their hubs or kids.

Rifleman1776

I like these artists pencils also. A selling tip is to tell folks that hard lead is available for shop use and the soft is for drawing.
BTW, lest I forget [:I], great work and eye catching treatment.

TBone

Great job on the pencil. I like the contrasting blank too. As one who's never turned snakeskin, why is the snakeskine a different color at the top?

Gary Max

Tommy the scales are really to large at this point in the skin. If they where smaller you could see more of the pattern. I just try and get everything I can out of the material.

Charles

I really like the pen! Was there a reason you oriented the scales the way you did? With the pen point down the scales are flowing upward. Just wondered.

Gary Max

Very Good Charles---I did not see that until I looked at the pic. Them I rebuilt the pencil and turned it over. I was wandering if anyone would see that but me.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom