See more from MDWine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDWine

now 2 done, 4 to go!!

smFPP205.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Wait a minute...that looks like the last pen, just rotated! I don't believe you!

Just kidding! I like the slightly modified design compared to the last one. At first, I thought slimlines were boring, but actually they can be a lot of fun, especially when you factor in the cost of the kit versus some other kits. Great job on this one too Michael!

MDWine

Thanks Jim (and Griz!) I think I like the versatility of the slimline. And you are so right, the price is right, especially when one is learning!

I find it interesting that a subtle difference, like the upper barrel, can make such a difference "in the hand".

wayneis

Mike you should round off the upper blank to match the lower on your following slimlines. It doesn't have to be as pronounced as the bottom but when you assemble it the pen as a whole will just flow better. Fit and finish look good though, for a newbe you are doing pretty good.

Wayne

MDWine

Yes, Jim, I got it yesterday... haven't used it yet.
I'm not sure I'm going to use it on wood, however. I am pretty satisfied with sanding to 800 at this point. Maybe as I gain experience, I'll try it. Hopefully, I'll get to some of those resins and acrylics some time, and that will definitely work!

I think I'm ordering some sandpaper from HUT, which goes to 2000, and some of the "magic sand" steel wool fabric that Tom uses.

driften

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Mike you should round off the upper blank to match the lower on your following slimlines.

I guess that is a matter of opinion. I don't care much for some of those. Yes the slim upper blank can be a little stark compaired to a curved lower blank so it can be a little harder to make it work. There are a lot of commerical pens like that though. All in the name of making a pen that is easier to write with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom