Once in my lifetime- Ebony burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenmtnguy

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I got this one piece of Ebony burl in a unique wood trade. Thanks brushman. It turned very nicely, finished like a dream because it is so dense. 8 coats of thin CA using mild accelerator, wet micro meshed to death and assembled with a big grin.:biggrin: Probably the only piece I'll ever see. The kit is a Black Titanium streamline.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

Wow, looks great and the finish from the pic looks superb. If it were me, I might have used a little more special of a kit for a piece of wood that unique. Still tho, awesome.

GouletPens

Brian,
I would agree with you. The blank wasn't large enough to use a killer kit. I am thankful to get what I did.
I'm not familiar with this particular kit...how much wood did you have to work with?

Just so you know in the future, the Majestic Squires are nice little kits that don't take a whole lot of wood....a rhodium/BT Maj. Squire would set off a piece of that wood quite nicely.

mickr

I agree, the pen kit is not up to the standard that the wood is...but as you say, what was the choice? I hate that too when I face it..keeping the pen for personal use & enjoying the wood, is usually what I do..selling requires that you just about give it away on such a cheap kit....splendid wood and terrific job on it

Top Bottom