??? on sketch pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gokartergo

I bought 5 kits.. In the process I damaged two of the tubes.. Actually one came to me damaged.. I can't seem to find any replacement tubes.. I now they are listed as 11 mm. But is this the 3/8 tube.. My math says that 11 mm is slightly larger then the 3/8. But I am not sure if they measure ID or OD.. Anybody now the answer to this one... Thanks Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hrigg

It's a 15/32" hole, which is closer to 12mm. I got mine at Woodcraft, but they don't seem to be on their website.

hrigg

I thought I might have some, but I was mistaken. WC says it's a 29/64"...CSUSA says it's 15/32". It's the difference between 11.5mm and 11.9mm, but I guess it doesn't really matter if no one carries them. I'll check at the WC store tomorrow, if you like.

gokartergo

Originally posted by hrigg
<br />I thought I might have some, but I was mistaken. WC says it's a 29/64"...CSUSA says it's 15/32". It's the difference between 11.5mm and 11.9mm, but I guess it doesn't really matter if no one carries them. I'll check at the WC store tomorrow, if you like.

Thanks for the offer.. If you are going to a wc store.. Could you get the part number if they have them.. I'll drive up thursday to our wc store if they have them.. It is 68 miles away from me.. Thanks Dan

Tea Clipper

I have it on good authority that CSU has replacements tubes if you call them and ask for them. They may even send you a free one if you tell them that one was damaged. Try giving them a call and see what they say.

Rifleman1776

Craft Supply, page 120 in their catalog, part # 050-9008 replacement tubes, 40 cents each. Do tell your supplier that parts arrived damaged. Customer response is the best way they have to learn about quality control problems. BTW, I always keep several tube sets on hand for all kit styles.

hrigg

The best that Wood Craft could offer was to suggest you buy some Navigator replacement tubes. The short barrel is the same diameter as the Sketch pencil tubes. Of course you'd have to use two of them to get the necessary length. Since I see others have given better sources, I guess it's just an option if Craft Supplies can't provide them.

gokartergo

Originally posted by hrigg
<br />The best that Wood Craft could offer was to suggest you buy some Navigator replacement tubes. The short barrel is the same diameter as the Sketch pencil tubes. Of course you'd have to use two of them to get the necessary length. Since I see others have given better sources, I guess it's just an option if Craft Supplies can't provide them.

Thanks for trying..

gokartergo

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />Craft Supply, page 120 in their catalog, part # 050-9008 replacement tubes, 40 cents each. Do tell your supplier that parts arrived damaged. Customer response is the best way they have to learn about quality control problems. BTW, I always keep several tube sets on hand for all kit styles.

Thanks for putting up the part number.. My son got a hold of my catalog.. I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks..LOL

gokartergo

Thanks everybody.. I tried that part number through there website and it wouldn't work.. So I called and that was the correct part number.. So,,,I couldn't just order .80 worth of parts.. So again I spent to much money....LOL Thanks again Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom