? on embossing powder for filling holes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I think I had read that some people used embossing powder to fill in holes or gaps in pen blanks. I found a website that has a large selection of embossing powders:

http://www.addictedtoscrapbooking.com

and I'm wondering if people have an opinion on whether or not these would work? It certainly looks like it'd be cheaper than the crushed stone that's sold for pen makers. Since you usually heat embossing powder in the traditional uses, it still works for filling holes?

How do you do that? Just fill the hole with the powder and then put CA on top of it? What happens when you inevitably get some of the powder just outside of the hole/gap?

Fangar

I made a whole pen with the embossing powders, and then torched it. Covered it with CA:

pinkpurplecigar.jpg

closeup.jpg

I would imagine it would work the same if CA'd in place. It is fairly fine and should work. Things like glitter can work too if you get the extra super fine stuff. Usually around the opening should not be an issue as you put the material in the hole and then turn it back off with a scraper. That should clean up the area around the voids.

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom