Old beat up farm equipment parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

A fellow in the company retired last month after over 50 years with the company. I wanted to make something special for him. My brother-in-law has a friend who has an old Case 660 combine. These pens are made from one of the straw-spreader bats off that machine (there are a few of you who will understand what that is).

I've already passed along the pens I made for the retiree and his wife - these are for my B-I-L and his friend.

The wood appears to be white oak (possibly red oak). Finish is CA.

Engraving by Stan Cook. Super job! I scanned the original in from an old 1960s service bulletin so any ugliness is the fault of the original image - not Stan's work.

Attachments

• IMGP1626.jpg
    IMGP1626.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMGP1627.jpg
    IMGP1627.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMGP1624.jpg
    IMGP1624.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Those parts and the engraving make this a special pen. He probably will set it on a display case (no pun intended) and not use the pen. Darn.

Verne

Very nice. Sadly, Case is long gone now. I grew up across the street from J.I.Case in Rock Island, Ill and well remember the eagle on top of one of the bldg's.
Vern

RAdams

Banned
that is cool. I also prefer material with some sort of story. I have a bowl i made years ago that the wood came from an old log cabin in PA. that was built in the mid to late 1800's. By far, it is the ugliest little bowl i own, and by far it is my favorite. I use it as a display for my business cards at shows.

Top Bottom