OKLAHOMA STATE QUARTER!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Well, to date, this quarter will now rank up there with the Illinois State quarter on the difficulty level. This took me almost 2 hours to cut out on the scroll saw, wew, talk about nerve racking. Hope ya'll Oklahomans like! Comments, critiques, questions welcome!

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Attachments

• 2011-08-13 17.32.50-1.jpg
    2011-08-13 17.32.50-1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

That looks great! I was thinking about firing up the scroll saw and trying some Illinois quarters but I can see you need way more time than I have right now. Keep up the great work!

Timebandit

I dont know..........your cuts look a little wavy around the edges.............:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

seamus7227

I dont know..........your cuts look a little wavy around the edges.............:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Very wavy :biggrin::biggrin: thats from being nervous the whole time, worried something is gonna snap off. You have to remember, these aren't the standard thickness of a regular quarter, so they are thin and very fragile, and the scroll saw is nothing gentle when it comes to vibrations.

Awesome job, I've got a ways to go before I'm at that level! Which blade did you use to cut that out?

A very tiny one.:rolleyes:

PenMan1

Seamus:
Even though I'm not from Oklahoma, this may be the prettiest of the State quarters to date.

Nice job. Beautiful work, as usual.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Seamus: I hope when you finished you treated yourself to a glass of straight Kentucky Bourbon. No, I hope you treated yourself to TWO glasses of straight Kentucky Bourbon!!!:tongue::tongue: Very Nice!

wizard

Seamus, That looks beautiful!!!! I'm surprised you can even see straight after staring at that for two hours...hmmm...I guess bourbon could help with that:biggrin:. Doc

OKLAHOMAN

Hell I just drank two doubles of 107 Old Weller just thinking of trying to do that. Not because I live here but that's the best one yet.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well, to date, this quarter will now rank up there with the Illinois State quarter on the difficulty level. This took me almost 2 hours to cut out on the scroll saw, wew, talk about nerve racking. Hope ya'll Oklahomans like! Comments, critiques, questions welcome!

Man...what kind of scroll saw do you have.....that rascal looks might tight to me.

thewishman

That is cool! Hey, I've got an idea!:glasses-nerdy: How about cutting around each individual letter in Oklahoma! That would be super-cool!:glasses-nerdy: Hey! You could even cut out the holes Os and the As!:bulgy-eyes:

Seriously, your quarters are really amazing, and the blanks you make with them are exceptional.

I think your prices should be higher to reflect the extra work.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Seamus: I hope when you finished you treated yourself to a glass of straight Kentucky Bourbon. No, I hope you treated yourself to TWO glasses of straight Kentucky Bourbon!!!:tongue::tongue: Very Nice!

Joe, bourbon tastes better with a splash of water!! Just a splash mind you. That blank looks awesome Seamus. I hope the Hillbilly quarter looks as nice:wink:.

D.Oliver

It's funny that you post this quarter. Since seeing your work, it has renewed my interest in the state quarters. Just this week I got two quarters that I took one look at and thought "That would be a real b*&%^ to cut out." One was the Oklahoma quarter and the other was the Oregon. Great work. Now get started on the Oregon one!!!

seamus7227

I think you missed it, already cut the oregon quarter out!

Attachments

• 2011-08-02 21.46.27-1.jpg
    2011-08-02 21.46.27-1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 101

D.Oliver

Now I don't know a whole lot about the differnt quarters, but I'm guessing that since it's in its own package that it's probably worth more than 25 cents. Would I be correct in that assumption?

seamus7227

well true, anyone can buy these packages, I bought this qtr on ebay, it's a silver proof (ms-63) qtr, typically for collection only, and this will be the first time to do this, so I have to make sure I clean everything b4 I start, gotta keep the shavings! this thing is 90% silver

seamus7227

not sure, thats a good question, I will answer that after I do it! One would only be left to believe that it would be easier, but more expensive!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
With silver being fairly soft does that make it easier to cut than a regular quarter?

I would say yes....the proof silver statehoods are 90% pure silver while a regular quarter is a copper center clad between two nickel outer layers. Nickel is fairly hard. The proof state quarters like all proof coins are really made for collectors not for circulation

Last edited:

seamus7227

smitty, thanks for filling him in! I didn't know you were a numismatic?! thats awesome! I want sure if I would confuse everyone with all of that.

boxerman

Seamus have you done any of the quarters that Yellowstone, Grand Canyon on the back? I think there called America Beautiful quarters.

seamus7227

I think I did yellowstone, it's on my website, it's got a black background with blue behind the cutout section.

Top Bottom