OFFICIAL M14X.8 X 3 TAP/DIE SIGN UP THREAD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Have you considered a saffron yellow or robin egg blue? I hear they go great in the "new age" MANS work shop.......:eek::eek::eek: :biggrin:

Texatdurango

Have you considered a saffron yellow or robin egg blue? I hear they go great in the "new age" MANS work shop.......:eek::eek::eek: :biggrin:
Nah, I already painted all my er-32 collets robin egg blue and of course all my tool holders for my metal lathe are saffron yellow. I was looking for something to liven up and add a splash of color to my somewhat dreary shop!

PTownSubbie

Texatdurango said:
Nah, I already painted all my er-32 collets robin egg blue and of course all my tool holders for my metal lathe are saffron yellow. I was looking for something to liven up and add a splash of color to my somewhat dreary shop!

You know the drill George! LOL! No pics...didn't happen! LOL!

The Penguin

OK, seriously - was there an estimated delivery time?

I need to install an A/C in my garage so I can even go out there and use them...maybe I have time to get that done before they arrive.

:biggrin:

Texatdurango

I need to install an A/C in my garage so I can even go out there and use them...maybe I have time to get that done before they arrive.

Seriously :confused:....... Your letting the arrival of a few small tools dictate whether or not you start on the installation of your air shop conditioner?........Really? I've got to be missing something here.:biggrin:

You live in the Houston area and don't already have an A/C in your shop? :eek:

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

Seriously :confused:....... Your letting the arrival of a few small tools dictate whether or not you start on the installation of your air shop conditioner?........Really? I've got to be missing something here.:biggrin:

He is either very hot natured or fried a few brain cells working in that hot garage. :eek::biggrin: Either way I say cut him some slack, he is in Houston in the summer. Just remember he will be gloating in Feb, working in the garage/shop at 65 degrees. :mad:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
THey are due to be delivered in about 3 weeks. Except for George's which will be lost in the mail.:biggrin:

The Penguin

He is either very hot natured or fried a few brain cells working in that hot garage. :eek::biggrin: Either way I say cut him some slack, he is in Houston in the summer. Just remember he will be gloating in Feb, working in the garage/shop at 65 degrees. :mad:

I've worked in my garage when it was just above freezing too. :biggrin:

I've put off the A/C installation because it involves a COMPLETE re-wire of the entire garage including dropping in a sub-panel directly off the meter, and then insulating the garage (it's a free-standing structure), drywall, new light fixtures, etc... So, no fun, but it needs to get done.

my wife wants to have a workbench for her electronics projects, and my step son wants to turn pens - so it sounds like I have 2 volunteers to help me get it going.

my garage door also faces directly west and gets NO shade - so by the time I get home in the afternoon, I might as well have my lathe up in the attic, it would probably be cooler up there than in the garage.

The Penguin

she has 3 sisters. one is married.

take your pic of the other 2...one is a finishing a masters degree in piano at some university in The Netherlands (Delft, maybe?)

the other is a journalist in Mexico.

I got the only enginerd of the bunch.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Seems to me, that makes you the winner!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

she has 3 sisters. one is married.

take your pic of the other 2...one is a finishing a masters degree in piano at some university in The Netherlands (Delft, maybe?)

the other is a journalist in Mexico.

I got the only enginerd of the bunch.

TomW

Seems to me, that makes you the winner!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I dunno... I'm spending lots of time in Mexico....but the electronics project thing is pretty appealing... I've got several unfinished electronic projects....

Tom

PS...all in jest!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
No I dont. I can ask. I mount a drill chuck in the tailstock and put the tap in that. The tailstock is left just loose enough to slide back and forth as I tap the material.I have submitted your request.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Their reply "
If it is a standard 6H class, standard coarse, or standard fine thread, then the size of the square is 0.3220 "

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
tick tock tick tock

They are in transit to me. :cool:They tagged my card last friday so Im hoping tomorrow or thursday latest for their arrival:). I will send them back out after I've tried each and every one of them to make sure they work. I would'nt want to ship any of you guys a defective set! :mad:OF course I only make a dozen pens a year so that may take a few years to get them all approved and shipped back out.:bulgy-eyes:

Texatdurango

tick tock tick tock

They are in transit to me. :cool:They tagged my card last friday so Im hoping tomorrow or thursday latest for their arrival:). I will send them back out after I've tried each and every one of them to make sure they work. I would'nt want to ship any of you guys a defective set! :mad:OF course I only make a dozen pens a year so that may take a few years to get them all approved and shipped back out.:bulgy-eyes:

Yeah...... well just don't rub the hot fuchsia off mine! I don't want a used set!:mad:

MarkD

I will send them back out after I've tried each and every one of them to make sure they work. I would'nt want to ship any of you guys a defective set! :mad:OF course I only make a dozen pens a year so that may take a few years to get them all approved and shipped back out.:bulgy-eyes:

I'm OK with that as long as you send the pen along with the tap and die. One of your all wood pens would be fine by me. :biggrin:

Curly

tick tock tick tock

I'm okay with that as long as you don't start using titanium!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
the Ups man delivered a 17lb baby box of taps and dies this afternoon. I have the orders sorted and will start boxing and sending them out tomorrow. IF yours is one of the orders that is overseas or in a third world country like Canada (or Arizona) I will get yours out starting Friday.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
All but 3 orders are going in the mail today. That includes the out of country packages. The three that are not going out I do not have an address I can ship to. I have pmed all three of you.

Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
THere are extra sets if you missed this and want ot get in on it. CUrly has an extra set with the large die and bottom tap as well as the standard tap. I have 3 sets of the standard tap and large die. Everybody but afore mentioned 3 are mailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom