Odd occurance Baron/Sedona Problem?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Okay, we all know, or at least I thought I did, that if you buy two Baron/Sedona kits you could swap the nibs around as needed.

Well, yesterday I needed to swap a Rollerball nib for a fountain. No prob, right.
Pull the rollerball nib, refill and spring out and put the fountain nib in. Easy. I go to put the Rollerball on the pen that the fountain nib came out of, and install the spring and refill and go to screw in the nib and it slips right into the coupler???????

I tried it in several others as well. There nothing wrong with the threads on either part, no wear, not plating damage, nothing. But on some couplers it slides right in without the thread touching.

Just so you guys are aware.

The fountain nibs fit every coupler, the finials fit every coupler, but the rollerball nib only fits SOME couplers.

KenV

Just checked -- the roller balls and fountian pen nibs are interchanging well -- Roller balls have been in stock a few months -- fountainpens longer than that.

JimMc7

Just checked -- the roller balls and fountian pen nibs are interchanging well -- Roller balls have been in stock a few months -- fountainpens longer than that.

+1 No problems interchanging Baron FP & RB nibs (sourced from Lee Valley and Arizona Silhouette) -- all purchased within the last 6 weeks.

Top Bottom