Oak Bar Chairs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rollerbob

Rollerbob

Well for the last two months, as time allowed, I made these for my youngest and his bride. Lots O hand work.:mad: Neve been so glad to get them to the finisher!!:frown: Now maybe I can get back to making a few pens......Christmas is coming, you know?

Attachments

• Small group  and Bar chairs 007.jpg
    Small group and Bar chairs 007.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Small group  and Bar chairs 012.jpg
    Small group and Bar chairs 012.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 141
  • Small group  and Bar chairs 011.jpg
    Small group and Bar chairs 011.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Wow!

I know a guy locally who makes these for about $1500 each. (don't ask me why, his
work is great, but still..)

CA Cav? Surely you meant Hut friction polish?

Wheaties

Wow! I'm impressed! I've been thinking about making chairs and a table for the dining room, but chairs scare me so its still just a thought in my head.

Anyway, great work! Any idea on the time commitment for each chair?

Rollerbob

Thanks kids for the kind words. Tried the CA finish couldn't seem to hold the MM steady enough as the lathe turned to suite me!! Zack, prolly got 10 hrs in each start to finish. There is 30 mortise and tennons per chair, 12 cut at 4 degrees, 8 that have to be hand cut. These were a first for me and I don't want any more, thank you!!

cnirenberg

Dang Bob you wern't kidding, those are awesome. You know you are going to have to change your avatar to Bob the Builder. Great job on the chairs.

bitshird

Dang Bob you wern't kidding, those are awesome. You know you are going to have to change your avatar to Bob the Builder. Great job on the chairs.

Naw Chris, I like his smiling Bob avatar, the guy is one of my heroes, I'd clove to have the line of women he has looking so happy. I can just barely get a grin from my wife, his women smile ear to ear and then some.

By the way the chairs are awesome, I wish I could do work like that.!!!!

Rollerbob

Naw Chris, I like his smiling Bob avatar, the guy is one of my heroes, I'd clove to have the line of women he has looking so happy. I can just barely get a grin from my wife, his women smile ear to ear and then some.

By the way the chairs are awesome, I wish I could do work like that.!!!!

Ken, just remember it's not how sharp the tool..........:biggrin: BTW, speaking of tool, I have really enjoyed the "Woodchuck". Once I got the tool rest where it needed to be, all I use is that bad boy , start to fin!

Top Bottom