O Canada!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's one of my latest creations. I made this for a customer that through our communications has become a good friend. He's about to go through a new transition in life and will be moving to Canada at the start of the year. So I made this for him as a gift to commemorate his new journey.

The material for this is a mash up of Jeff Powell, David Bell, and my own. I bought Jeff's Rotary Acrylic from Exotics and had to make some extra matching material myself. Anyone that has used his Rotary Acrylics knows they're not full 5" blanks since they're made with kits in mind. So I didn't have enough red to do the entire pen. I think I did a pretty good job matching Jeff's original red color. David's part comes from the shredded Canadian currency ink window. I got that blank as a thank you/trade with another member here. I sealed the ink window inside and out so it can function as a true ink window without worry about it staining from ink.

I couldn't be happier with how it all came together. I know my friend will love it as well.

Canada.jpgCanada1.jpgCanada3.jpgCanada5.jpgCanada2.jpgCanada4.jpgCanada6.jpgCanada7.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Jon: The reds are a great match! Any pen/artwork with a story is double it's value (my opinion).

The combination with Jeff, your and David's work is very cool!!!

Great job everyone!

Charlie_W

Jonathon,
A superb pen and super gift as well! Excellent match up on the reds.
Collaborative effort pens are always special.
I am sure your friend will treasure this gift.

Sprung

WOW! Very nicely done! The theme work on this pen makes it one of the coolest pens I've seen in a while.

magpens

Wonderful job, Jonathon ... you must feel half Canajun, eh? !!!

I see that Jeff P. has approved that pen !

Last edited:

TonyL

Beautiful...and the reason I photograph many of my pens :).
Just outstanding...I may move to Canada just to justify buying one!

Brooks803

Awesome looking custom pen John! If you used pearl fire red then you hit it dead on! I am not to hard to track down, I do help a few custom guys to get more extra rods.

Thanks Jeff! Pearl fire huh? I used Red Raisin and mixed some other pigments in to match. Glad it worked out though! I'll keep that in mind with the assist for blanks more in line for custom work. I just saw this on exotics and decided to give it a try.

I also picked up this coffee themed blank of yours for another customer that's a coffee fanatic.

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 119

Brooks803

Wow, nice! I like the coffee one better than the Canadian one. It's less busy and the image location is unique. I am Canadian but I worship the coffee been.

Thanks again Jeff! I debated putting the image on the cap, but I had more workable material for the cap with the non image blank.

I'll definitely get in touch if these take off with customers for blanks more in line for custom work.

I still have one of your Koi blanks to try out. Not sure what direction I want to go with it just yet.

Top Bottom