Now the silver lining.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew Arndts

Replaced a bearing in my old arse LA200 today. So it despite my other issue. I feel that I need a Mars Bar... I just wish they sold them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Supposidly they were re-introduced in 2010... I could swear I had one not that long ago (but I think i grabbed it cause it was a Mars Dark?)

Look around - you should be able to get them!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Candy bar

I can't believe you don't have Mars. That's about the only chocolate bar (Candy bar must be a US term!) that I like.

What's a childhood without Kinder Suprise either? Terrible chocolate, but the toy was fun!

Well we actually have some candy bars here that aren't mainly chocolate and even a couple with no chocolate in them....not a lot. Although when referring to Hershey Bars they are often referred to as "chocolate bars".
When I was a kid (and when my kids were kids) we got our "prize" in a box of Cracker Jacks - better prizes when I was young.

workinforwood

I had heard that they stopped selling them in the USA because we have the milky way bars which are very similar. I only heard that..can't say if it's why or not or what. I'll pass on trading any blanks for a case of chocolate bars though. They might be my favorite chocolate bar, but I don't eat much of any kind of candy to begin with.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not the same bar

Mars Bars? They've been around forever!
In Canada and Britain ! Like the Kinder Surprize (little chocolate eggs with a toy inside) they don't sell those in the US either.

Lin.

From what I read the Mars bar is not exactly the same between GB and Canada and was also slightly different in the USA version. It was discontinued in 2002 in the USA and reintroduced in 2010 - never was one of my favorites nor was Milky Way, the bar Mars was originally patterned after. I liked Clark Bars, Zag-Nut bars, Butterfinger, Reese's Peanutbutter cups and Peanut Chews myself.

Last edited:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
From what I read the Mars bar is not exactly the same between GB and Canada and was also slightly different in the USA version. It was discontinued in 2002 in the USA and reintroduced in 2010 - never was one of my favorites nor was Milky Way, the bar Mars was originally patterned after. I liked Clark Bars, Zag-Nut bars, Butterfinger, Reese's Peanutbutter cups and Peanut Chews myself.[/QUOTE]

Of all those you mention at the end, Smitty, I've only ever heard of the Peanut Butter Cups and Butterfinger (gross)...

I've had Milky Way, though - not a fan!

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm probably somewhat older than many of you here!

The most delicious chocolate bar that I think of many times was made by Lowneys in the late 40's. It was called a Caravan and was a layer of vanilla cream, & a layer of caramel covered in milk chocolate.

Anyone else here old enough to remember it. I lived in Montreal at the time.

Andrew Arndts

Well they came out with Snickers with Almonds... hence a Mars bar with a different wrapper yet it ain't a mars bar... Different texture.

Alas this must be a tell of aging... I remember when a Hostess Twinky tasted like cake not chemicals as they do today.

Top Bottom