Nova Pen Plus: What other pieces are required?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

putnamm

I bought the Nova Pen Plus, thinking that I could just put it in my lathe and use it with my drill chuck. But apparently I need some other piece--presumably a Nova "base" chuck to fit it on to. Does anyone know what other piece I need? Thanks.

Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

Did you buy just the jaws?

Usually there is a base chuck, Nova, that will take the pen jaws.

Probably $100+ for the 4 jaw chuck.

putnamm

Thanks, everyone. I picked up the Nova G3. I did not get it for $99, unfortunately, but it wasn't more than that. The pen jaws work great!

NOW my question (not pen related) is what ELSE can I do with this Nova G3 as a standalone tool? It seems that it would have a lot of applications. But the darned thing didn't come with any instructions. And while there are a lot of unboxing videos on YouTube, there is very little in the way of instructional information on the Internet.

Thanks!

-Mark

Razorburne

Do you have a Jacobs chuck for your tailstock (which you would use to hold he drill bit) so that you can drill using the pens plus jaws?

Charlie_W

The chuck will hold wood for all sorts of turnings, handles,vases, cups, platters, bowls, etc.
The Chuck will also hold wood in which you make a holding devices when working on some of those items. Jamb chucks and other accessory items.
A Chuck is a very handy accessory to the lathe and will let you go way beyond spindle turning.

MTViper

If you go to Teknatool - Products [Chuck] you can download the manual for your chuck and see what other jaws are available for it. There are tons of videos online showing things to do with your chuck. It's like a 3rd hand and you'll find you can't do without it. Make sure you read the warnings, though. Most of these chucks say to turn the speed down below 600 rpm when you're not using the tailstock. That's good advice DAMHIKT.

Steve

Top Bottom