Nova G3 and Pen Jaws

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

Just remember....

....that in my experience, just having a gap does not mean they don't work. The proof would be putting a blank in them and drilling. Are the holes circular (not oblong or over size), does the exit hole come out the same, and in the right place?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Well to follow up on my experience with the same situation. I have to say I am blown away at the great customer service by Andrew. I talked to him for just a few minutes and he right away knew of my problem and told me not to worry and he would take care of it. He kept telling me not to worry it will be fixed. He sent me a set of pen jaws and a complete new midi chuck with jaws and all. Tried them today and they are dead on perfect.

All I can say is I am a Teknatool customer for life. Andrew is my go to guy. I told him about this site and am not sure if he is checking in but if so I want to throw out a huge thank you for the quick service and spot on service. I wish more companies were this helpful and understanding. I can now go back to drilling my blanks on the lathe. One happy turner for sure. Thanks again Andrew. :):):):)

duncsuss

I'm just adding my name to the list of "Way Impressed by Andrew's Customer Focus".

Spoke to him for a while today, about this and a few other things. He'll be sending me a new set of jaws, his only request is for me to email him the serial # of my lathe (which is a Nova 1624-44).

porter10

Seems my jaws are "off" as well. Called TTool and talked with John Ford. He immediately knew of the situation. I told him that it looked like the jaws were fine when set flat on my table saw table. John said he was aware that the jaws seemed OK when doing this test but some inventory from different sellers still didn't pass the parallel test when installed. He is sending new jaws in a few days AFTER they quality check them. Hope I reiterated John's words correctly and this solves the problem. Super nice guy...

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom