NOVA ​INFINITY SYSTEM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

I received an email for the nova infinity system as I was looking through the material I noticed you can retro fit an existing nova chuck with the quick change bits for the jaws. Has anyone tried this yet? I know it is new but was hoping for some personal feed back on the quality and how difficult it is to do the retro fit. Thanks William

Here is the link if anyone is interested

http://www.novainfinitychuck.com/

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I haven't done it (so I'm not speaking from experience) but it just doesn't make sense to me.

If I screw the Infinity clip-jaws onto my SuperNova2, what am I going to do with all the old jaw sets that I own? I'd have to unscrew the Infinity adapters each time I want to use them -- which kind of defeats the purpose.

If I only owned 1 jaw set, it might make sense -- I could accept putting those on the shelf and buying new Infinity jaws to replace them and extend my collection. But I'm not going to throw away 6 sets of jaws.

duncsuss

The reverse might make sense ... several sets of adapters that screw onto the back of every jaw I own, letting me use them on a new Infinity chuck ...

Fish30114

Looks like you buy adapters for your current jaws, so the 'new' chuck system is retro-fittable to you existing Nova stuff.

Looks like a direct attempt to compete with the Easy Wood Easy Chuck, which I recently got one of, and it is awesome-simple, very fast jaw changes and really nice 'tightening' system.

Peter Durand

Looks like you buy adapters for your current jaws, so the 'new' chuck system is retro-fittable to you existing Nova stuff.

Looks like a direct attempt to compete with the Easy Wood Easy Chuck, which I recently got one of, and it is awesome-simple, very fast jaw changes and really nice 'tightening' system.

I agree. As I posted in another thread, I originally bought the Nova with the understanding that in a month or so they would have adapters to fit my 4 jaws. Well they did come out with adapters. And they were expensive. It would have cost into the hundreds to attach a set to all my jaws.

So instead I sold the Nova and jaws and went to Easy Wood's chuck and jaws. I find it a much better product. And made in the USA to boot.

Easy Chuck « Easy Wood Tools

By the way, I do own a Nova lathe (DVR-XP) and am very happy with it. Recommended.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter

Top Bottom