"Nouveau" to me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

I just purchased 2 Nouveau Scepter fountain pen kits. Not sure if I like them any better than the Triton. What do you think?

This one is dressed in a purple dyed box elder burl.

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• Nouveau Sceptre FP.jpg
    Nouveau Sceptre FP.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 309
  • Nouveau Sceptre FP Open.jpg
    Nouveau Sceptre FP Open.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Thanks, Jim. I look forward to seeing a photo of your rollerball version.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Your pens are beautiful!

But since you asked, I'm actually more of a fan for the triton. And my first preference is for the Jr. Anthony if using all components; and the Jr Gent series if making modifications.. I do prefer a more subtle set of components and the Nouveau is a bit much for me, and the overall profile just is not to my taste. Nothing wrong with the kit as it will have it's fans.

Now, I will qualify my comments by saying that I do not sell (ordinarily) my pens and do not need to pay attention to customer preferences. Your experiences may differ significantly.

But as I said, I love your pens! :)

Last edited:

elkhorn

JP, thanks for the compliment!

Mark, I bought these to try them and I agree with you. If I'm not making a high end pen, the triton is my normal go to kit. Thanks for the compliment on my pens!

SteveG

John, this pen is striking, with the intense color of the dyed box elder meeting the wide band of gold. Great choice! I have no problem selling any of the NS family of pens. The abundant use (or theme) of curves in the hardware design appeals to a certain group of buyers, and when you put that together with an eye-catching blank, it usually proves to be a winner. This one is. :good:

One observation on the kit itself: with the large concentration of mass at the finial end of the cap, the balance is a bit heavy at that end for writing with the cap posted. I am always wishing that a non-posting version were offered, but that wish has remained unfulfilled.

elkhorn

D.E., thanks for the compliment! I appreciate it.

Shane, thank you for the kind words. I'll have to see how this goes at the shows. If you try some different colors, please post them.

Top Bottom