Not Political

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

The Seals..... Why? Because they are US Navy. :tongue:

Seriously, They did a "Deadliest Warrior" episode on the Seals vs. the SAS I think it was (the Israeli special forces) and the Seals won. The Spetsnaz would probably be close too though. Both are trained for operation in any environment, which means they are ready for anything.

Gofer

As to who is better ... depends on the location of the battle, who the enemy force is, equipment the enemy has, environmental conditions an a whole lot more.

All the NATO special forces train with each other from time to time and are very good but some units have areas that are thier specality and they excell at it. Perspective is a key factor in determining "the best" as some people would say that a unit in their military is the best. Nationalism aside the most common names to come up (in no specific order) would be SEALS, Delta, SAS, Spetznatz, GSG9, US Army Rangers, US Recon Marines and there are many more.

Specific peramiters would have to be set to determine "the best" but the problem there is that the criteria probably would not refelct all aspects of a spec ops soldier.

All I do know is that they are all highly trained and extremly capable warriors that do a job that very few could ever do. To them and all who serve thier countries thankyou for doing your best to protect our way of life.

Bruce

chiefgreen

Being Navy, I have a tendancy to lean in that direction. I don't know much about the others, the SEAL training is unbelievable. Most have heard about hell week. That gets rid of a bunch of candidates, however, there are several months of intense training left. More drop out. If I remember correctly, I heard 1 in 6 make it, I may be wrong but I think I am close. They go in as a team and that team is very small.
Now with that said, I would want any of them going with me and not coming at me.

Russianwolf

Being Navy, I have a tendancy to lean in that direction. I don't know much about the others, the SEAL training is unbelievable. Most have heard about hell week. That gets rid of a bunch of candidates, however, there are several months of intense training left. More drop out. If I remember correctly, I heard 1 in 6 make it, I may be wrong but I think I am close. They go in as a team and that team is very small.
Now with that said, I would want any of them going with me and not coming at me.

When I was at language school in Monterey California, we had about a half dozen Seals training with us. I went out for a workout with them one Saturday. I'd like to say that I was able to keep up, but the only reason I was able to cross the "finish line" was that they took turns throwing me over their shoulders for the last 2/3rds. They don't leave people behind even in training. I politely declined the second time they asked me out. 2 mile ocean swims are not my thing.:redface:

Mickey

Being Air Force I have the same tendancy. :)

chiefgreen

When I was at language school in Monterey California, we had about a half dozen Seals training with us. I went out for a workout with them one Saturday. I'd like to say that I was able to keep up, but the only reason I was able to cross the "finish line" was that they took turns throwing me over their shoulders for the last 2/3rds. They don't leave people behind even in training. I politely declined the second time they asked me out. 2 mile ocean swims are not my thing.:redface:

What a great story, Mike. Made my wife and I laugh outloud!!!

Top Bottom