Not Pleased

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

I`m just not really pleased with the outcocme of the Gatsby Click.......
I made myself one of these as a test as to how they would last, made on Sept. 22,2008 . I used it as my daily writer until last week when the click mech. gave up the ghost.:eek: It will no longer stay in the writing position. :confused:

Has anyone else had this problem?
I think I`ll pass on the use or sale of these. They ought to last longer than 2 months.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzz

I've not tries the Gatsby, but the Sierra click is standing up pretty well in my experience, and that of other users on the forum.

You'd think the Gatsby would be equally reliable, perhaps you just got a bad one.

hilltopper46

I'm hoping you will pass this complaint along to PSI, as they will continue to sell the SOS (same old stuff) unless we buyers complain.

I've made one of these kits on a sort-of custom/speculation order for a co-worker and have been displaying it and a matching pencil for the fall shows, but it hasn't sold, and I don't carry it so can't help with the reliability question.

Daniel

Twist pens are iffy enough for me. I've never met a click pen I liked. It's a little funny because I've seen this run full circle now. from don't touch a click pen to hey here is a decent one to coming back to how bad they are again.

JohnLifer

So far for me, I've made all the clicks offered. Only the Sierra click has been without major problems. I dropped one and it broke, hard surface, Other than that, daily writer for about 5 months now. And I mean I click it 50-60 times a day.

GouletPens

I don't sell clicks

I tried some of the 7mm clicks from Woodcraft and the darned plastic mechanism crushed more times than not when I pressed it. I gave that up. Same thing happened to me with the soft grip click (same crappy plastic mechanism). I was excited about the Sierra Click, but then you have that wierd spacer thing? I use Parker brand refills and they aren't the same as the ones that come with the pen, so there's a modification involved....then a customer I sold one to sent it back because "it made too much noise when she wrote". That was the last straw. I've since decided not to sell any clicks. I'm sure others have had better experiences than me, but I would much rather not even worry about them. Just like mechanical pencils, I've only had maybe 3% of my customers even ask me about them. They're just as happy to buy a different pen. Bah clicks!

TylerRiddle

I have a Gatsby click that I use on a daily basis, as it was a "throw away" that I made one weekend. I'm an obsessive compulsive clicker, and so far no problems at all. Time will tell though...

areaman

I made a couple just this weekend. the only problem I had was with the directions that came with the kits. The directions were for a twist, not the click. Anyway I got them together and both are working fine. My wife has one and I am currently using the other.

Top Bottom