Not making a political statement here!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenMan1

I am not trying to stir up controversy here or make a political point. I simply want some clarification and I know our forum is loaded with ex-military.

I just read that the President is sending 1,200 troops to Arizona to address the illegal alien situation. According to the news story that I read, these 1,200 troops will be unarmed and will serve (behind a desk) in an "administrative capacity".

What exactly does that mean? What will be the role of these administrators? How will this help? I just don't understand!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leestoresund

NG/BP

Usually it means that they will free up trained border agents from administrative tasks.
Those trained agents can then go out and do border patrol work while the National Guard holds down the desk jobs.
Usually.

Lee

PenMan1

Ok, that makes sense! I could just see some private with an english to spanish book saying "under arresto, comprendo?"

Your explination makes sense in that it takes the paperwork away, allowing more patrol time. Now, I see the point.

Thanks

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Andy, I was actually wondering the same thing. The whole thing seems crazy to me but atleast I know now what the reason is.

PenMan1

I'd still feel better if some of the NG "went packing heat" as the very next news story said that terrorists were coming in through Mexico!

witz1976

I'd still feel better if some of the NG "went packing heat" as the very next news story said that terrorists were coming in through Mexico!

+1 on arming our troops. However terrorists will always find a way into our Country. If you recall 2 of the 9/11 terrorists came in through Canada and flew out of Portland, Maine. Scary. Which is why I support the 2nd amendment. If the Government doesn't want to protect us, fine...I will:cool:

Lenny

+1 on arming our troops. However terrorists will always find a way into our Country. If you recall 2 of the 9/11 terrorists came in through Canada and flew out of Portland, Maine. Scary. Which is why I support the 2nd amendment. If the Government doesn't want to protect us, fine...I will:cool:

One of my co-workers was in the Portland jetport that morning about to board a plane for a Florida vacation trip. Need less to say it didn't end up taking off. Lucky he wasn't on the earlier flight!

Texatdurango

Knowing how our current administration feels about Arizona and the way they are mistreating the poor illegals, I would guess the 1200 "troops" would be there to console the detainees and offer grief counseling to those who felt they have been mistreated during their illegal entry ordeal!

witz1976

One of my co-workers was in the Portland jetport that morning about to board a plane for a Florida vacation trip. Need less to say it didn't end up taking off. Lucky he wasn't on the earlier flight!

Well the flight from Portland to Mass was fine...But your co-worker would have been stuck in Boston or god knows where when the feds shut down the skies. Still pretty freaking scary...seeing how NOTHING happens in Maine other than the typical car/deer or car/moose accident :wink::biggrin:

USAFVET98

I have an idea... Why not hire disabled veterans such as myself to do these jobs? Hire us and give us military status! I wont be able to pass the physical to get back in as my shoulder is shot, but I would love to still serve and be a member of our armed service..

OldGrumpy

Knowing how our current administration feels about Arizona and the way they are mistreating the poor illegals, I would guess the 1200 "troops" would be there to console the detainees and offer grief counseling to those who felt they have been mistreated during their illegal entry ordeal!

Don't forget they also have to have NG available to guard the rights of the poor illegals.:biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
I have an idea... Why not hire disabled veterans such as myself to do these jobs? Hire us and give us military status! I wont be able to pass the physical to get back in as my shoulder is shot, but I would love to still serve and be a member of our armed service..

Brian... I think this is a GREAT idea... Too bad we don't have any real power to get these types of ideas to happen. I can't imagine the red tape.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
From The Declaration of Independence of the Thirteen Colonies

The Declaration of Independence of the Thirteen Colonies
In CONGRESS, July 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
(emphasis added)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom