Not as simple of a design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I could have done much better with the overall outcome of this, but I learned alot making it and felt like sharing. The blank is one of my castings, not my best by any means...but good enough for practice! I made the cap too short and too large. I learned to never unchuck your blank until it is 100% complete or else you risk going out of round (luckily I also learned a way around that too!) I thought about putting a clip on it, but I kinda like it as is. Maybe I'll use it for practice on my hidden clip technique. I'd be more pleased with the overall look if the cap would lose some bulk but it actually fells good in the hand so what do I know...Thanks for looking!

Birthday Bash is right around the corner!!!! Time to step up my game :alien:

Attachments

• 100_0150.jpg
    100_0150.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_0153.jpg
    100_0153.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_0161.jpg
    100_0161.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

Sometimes, at least for me, half the battle is knowing when to quit. This pen could well be one of those times you should be telling yourself that it looks pretty good, as opposed to 'I could have reduced the size of the top barrell a little more'.

It looks pretty darn good from here.

Ding, Ding, Ding

Thank you Jonathan. You've given me a great (I hope) idea. I'm sitting on a whole whack of those PSI Classic Click Pens that were real duds. Got them on a great sale at about a $1 apiece knowing that some day an idea would come along.
I think I can adapt, unless you mind, your beautiful pen theme here to those old dogs and rejuvenate them. Might just work?
Good looking pen by the way.:biggrin:

Brooks803

I say go for it Larry! Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I've been carrying this one around with me all day and I have to say its growing on me.

Top Bottom