Not another boring bottlestopper...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

I usually don't post pictures of bottle stoppers unless it is something very extraordinary... At our last local chapter meeting I discovered a bottle stopper blank in Brooks stash and knew right away that it had to be mine! I can't believe the movement this has, the pictures in no way do it justice. Jonathon, I'm not sure how you make these (I missed that part of the meeting :frown:) but keep doing it!

Attachments

• IMG_2442.jpg
    IMG_2442.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steeler fan1

WOW, that blank really has depth and pazzzzzzzzzzzzzaz. You did a great turning as well. Congrats on an excellet turning.

Carl

Brooks803

I was just talking about this the other day! I could not remember who got it in Atl. That came out so COOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Did you have any issues with hiding the threads from the stopper? I'd like to make more like that but I rarely turn them so any feedback would be great. I've got some design ideas if there is an issue. Thanks David!

omb76

I was just talking about this the other day! I could not remember who got it in Atl. That came out so COOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Did you have any issues with hiding the threads from the stopper? I'd like to make more like that but I rarely turn them so any feedback would be great. I've got some design ideas if there is an issue. Thanks David!

No problems at all with the threads showing, I did leave it a little fat at the bottom, I'm sure that if it were turned thinner that they would show. The blank is pretty translucent, but that is what makes it so cool! I would be happy to test some more for you if you need! LOL! :biggrin:

Top Bottom