Not a Pen, but...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bonefish

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

2006611202714_Russel%20Stag.jpg

There have been several comments about deer antler for pens. The handle on this knife is made from Sambar Stag, from India, and I think it would be a better choice than deer antler, because it is not as porous.

I haven't checked lately, but in the past, there has been times when stag tines have been available from knife making material suppliers.

I think the small tines, about a half inch to 5/8 inch diameter would be the best size for a pen. I am going to try to locate some.

The stag pictured does not have a finish on it. It was sanded to 600 grit, then polished on a cloth buffing wheel with very fine white rouge.

I have another knife with a handle made from fancy Desert Iron Wood. If anyone would like to see it, I can post a picture.

I wanted to show how attractive polished stag could be, and, I confess, (blush), I wanted to show off one of my knives.

This is not a photograph It is a scan of the actual knife.

Bonefish

Rifleman1776

Very fine (pen) knife. [;)] Actually, very nice, indeed. Sambar stag is considered highly desirable for knife scales [handles]. I believe it is becoming difficult to acquire and almost scarce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom