Not a fun day in the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

Shouldn't really say that because any time in the shop is good. Decide to make a Ligero kit. Chose a nice purple blank from Exotic Blanks. Almost done and blew the lower barrel up. OK wasn't paying attention and got a catch. Chose a another blank and was more careful. Drilled and squared on the lathe this time turned both center to center looking good one more pass and plink there goes part of lower blank. OK lets use a piece of scrap blank and make 2 new lower blanks. Let use a small piece of Alt Ivory, find center go to mark center with spring loaded center punch, bankg there go a piece of that blank.. Lets use a piece of black acrylic drilled OK a little off center, got tube roughed up and CA'd put tube in blank applied accelerator and bingo blank now stuck to fingers of left hand. Soak in Acetone, go in house Kings are way behind. Use a certain Acronym, get glass of Cabernet and go watch Olympics. Great weekend though. Least I didn't pitch busted blanks through shop windows. Think I had same trouble last time I made a Ligero, not a lot of meat left after turning.

Last edited:

tbroye

In 6 hours the sun will be up and I will give it another try. Might try wood this time, that kit will be built. Could be out there sooner if I can't sleep, but no Lathe work in the middle of the night.

Top Bottom