Norseman Bits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Tony -- On the recommendation of an old timer I got the Norseman SA-29 set in the round nylon case many years ago, A few have been replaced, and a few are getting short due to resharpening -- but it has been good value. Good steel and they are straight, well centered and cut-your-fingers sharp. 29 pieces from 1/16 through 1/2 by 64ths. Cost is in the neighborhood of $100. I do not regret it.

I have added the Letter set, but do not use it as often, but it has similar quality.

(Magnum is the black oxide coated -- good bits)

And yes I have a couple sets of cheap bits -- and got what I paid for them and use them in "throw-away" situations, but not for drilling close tolerances in valuable pens.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You may still want to consider a full set of the fractional. THey end up having many uses around the house and shop. Add the letters or numbered and metric ones you need for pens. The only reason I have found to have them all is that you wont have to design a pen around a drill size because all you have is that one size. Most get by that by designing a pen and buying the drill bits and taps the need to do the job.

Last edited:

TonyL

I want to get a several standard and metric bits. Where do you buy yours?

TonyL

Excellent. I will be the individuals 7mm and higher and 3/8 and higher, even if it cost more. Thanks!

Carl Fisher

I know it's not the Norseman bits you are asking about, but I get most of my bits from Victor Machinery. They have metric bits in .1 increments and all of the fractionals, letters and wire gauge you could want as well.

TonyL

Thank you. Just got off the phone with Noresman. They said Fastenal was their largest distributor, and they have a location a few miles from mile house. I will compare the prices.

TonyL

Received my bits last week, and can't believe the difference. Although, I can only compare them to Colt and the bits that come with starter kits. I barely have to turn the quill to drill and they leave the insde of the barrel nice and smooth. I didn't buy complete sets; I bought the fractional and metric sizes that I use the most. We will see how long they last. I bought them from Fairbury Fastener (815) 692-3848: Dillon Prendergast (nice guy). At the time that I was researching. I found their prices to to be the lowest without having to buy large quantities of individuals bits. I bought 12 bits (some doubles of frequently used sizes up to 12.5 mm) and my total invoice amount was $116 including shipping.

Thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom