Non-aerrsol Accerleratot for CA finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Hi folks:

I intentional bought the non-aerosol, pump CA accelerator from PSI, but not for CA finishing. Does any know if this type of accelerator delivery/application will work? I do not that the aerosol delivery system is recommended.

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

I use aerosol for CA. More consistent application but give it 8-10" away from blank. Have heard reports of fogging is spraying too close. I bought the pump first with the I can't believe this finish set. Still use it when doing a glue up or fix it job and need to speed the drying time (fixing kids toys, fixing pottery kids broke etc) this was last weeks examples haha

longbeard

Hi Tony,
When i started i used Hot Stuff Quick Accelerator. If i remember correctly, it is a pump style. Worked great for me and smelled good too :bulgy-eyes::biggrin: IMO

Harry

Jim Burr

Banned
Why would you buy it? Sure way to trim costs is to use what works. Did you try it after you bought it? What was your reason for buying it?

TonyL

I bought it just to accelerate the curing of the excess CA that sometimes accumulates at the end of the barrels. I pretty much use epoxy now. I had to make a dog paw pen (which I did not plan on making anymore) using a CA finish. I used it and it worked fine. I don't know why a bought the pump.

TBCbushings

I tried the pump spray and did not work for me...I now use the aerosol can and no problems...The pump gave me white spots no matter how far away I used it....

Jim Burr

Banned
Couple things you can learn from doing...pump is mostly alcohol, and will cause "white out" on CA, but it will cure. Aerosol used correctly doesn't cause any issues...again...used correctly. All of this is experience...learn from trying and try again.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Couple things you can learn from doing...pump is mostly alcohol, and will cause "white out" on CA, but it will cure. Aerosol used correctly doesn't cause any issues...again...used correctly. All of this is experience...learn from trying and try again.
Which brand were you using. All the brands I'm, familiar with are heptane or acetone based.

TonyL

I am used it on 2 barrels and experienced some white out once. I did it again and with the same barrel and it worked fine. I must have help it to close to the barrel.

Thank you!

Top Bottom