No Pimps Allowed...Yes I've done it again!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

First thing I have to say is....Mine! It's all Mine! :tongue:

I think this is my best work thus far in my short lived pen turning life. This go around I used Black Ebonite with White Alabaster accents. This was the 1st time using both materials and I have to say they are quite different than what I'm used to turning. The dust from the Alabaster was horrible and the smell from the Ebonite almost got me kicked out of the house:redface:. I just had to get it done tonight in time for my pen club meeting tomorrow (had to bring something to the table to compete with Hans' latest creation!). I bought the Ebonite from Ed and Dawn over at Exotic and got the Alabaster in the "Pass it forward" box (BIG thank you to whomever put it in the box!). I also upgraded the nib to one of Lou's semi flex steel nibs (also from Exotics - Thanks Dawn!). As far as finishing the pen I only MM to 12000 and used a drop of PlastX. I didn't use a CA finish because I wanted a natural feel to the pen. Thanks everyone for looking and as always any comments/critiques/questions welcomed and appreciated!

Attachments

• 100_8212.jpg
    100_8212.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 100_8214.jpg
    100_8214.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 100_8233.jpg
    100_8233.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_8229.jpg
    100_8229.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_8225.jpg
    100_8225.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 162
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

I like the contrast, actually my opinion is changing on these kits, I like them with out the stupid crystals, and your finial and end look sharp, very nice pen.

Brooks803

Very nicely done. I wonder if that was some of my Alabaster from a few months back. It is a great look for that kit.

If you put a sierra size peice in the pass it forward box and wrote "haliun alabaster" on it then it's yours. otherwise....ya got any more??? :biggrin:

more beautiful in person :biggrin:

Thanks Hans...I can say the same thing about your pen as well. Hmmm, now that I think about it, since it's ebonite and alabaster I wonder which category it could fall under in the state fair:confused::wink::cool::tongue::biggrin:

Top Bottom