No pens for me...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I won't be turning many pens after this month.
Luckily, I have a few kits & blanks to keep me going.
I just got boar hogged for $1700 to fix my 14 year old car.

The entire front end was rusted out. Control arms, bearings, hubs, tie rod ends, control linkage, you name it, it was rusted out. Sway bar mounts, ball joints, etc.
Not from neglect, but old age. I even had to get my tranny serviced.

But, on the good side, it rides like brand new & has way better control than it ever had.
I'm not b**ching, just saying is all. It sure was an unexpected expense.

:eek::at-wits-end:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Take a break and enjoy. Turn some bowls. Make some toys.
The lathe isn't going anywhere and neither are the vendors.

Have a pleasant vacation........but keep in touch.

mecompco

Herb, isn't road salt great! We, too, drive tired iron--my pickup is a '96 and our newest car is an '04 Taurus that our daughter got tired of feeding so we inherited it--just had to weld new floor pans into it, and now the heather blower motor has died (with winter on the way). This summer it was a new fuel pump for the truck. Always something!

Regards,
Michael

campzeke

Herb, isn't road salt great! We, too, drive tired iron--my pickup is a '96 and our newest car is an '04 Taurus that our daughter got tired of feeding so we inherited it--just had to weld new floor pans into it, and now the heather blower motor has died (with winter on the way). This summer it was a new fuel pump for the truck. Always something!

Regards,
Michael

Blower motor replacement is an easy fix. Check YouTube for how to video. The problem could also the motor resistor. Either way 30 minutes out and done. If you can turn a pen, you can fix your blower motor.

SteveG

Regards,
Michael

Always something!...But never a monthly car payment.

Is the vehicle half dead, or poised for the other half of its life? :tongue:

Herb G

Naw Steve, it's ready for another 80K miles now. It's only got 80K on it.
I only drive it to the grocery store, local Mom & Pop hardware store, and Dr.'s appts.

I think the patient has a good outlook. It came thru major surgery in flying colors. :doctor:

mecompco

Regards,
Michael

Blower motor replacement is an easy fix. Check YouTube for how to video. The problem could also the motor resistor. Either way 30 minutes out and done. If you can turn a pen, you can fix your blower motor.

I've done it in my Cherokee--the resistor is prone to burning up in them. The blower motor is easy to change, as well. On the Taurus, it's not quite so easy, especially as I'm not up to getting under the dash. It lasted just about a year and is now making a horrible grinding noise. The wife used it anyway, and burned up the alternator. :mad:

mecompco

Naw Steve, it's ready for another 80K miles now. It's only got 80K on it.
I only drive it to the grocery store, local Mom & Pop hardware store, and Dr.'s appts.

I think the patient has a good outlook. It came thru major surgery in flying colors. :doctor:

Herb, I'm with you--I don't plan to every have a car payment. My Ranger is just about ready to flip 326,000 (the 4 squirrels under the hood must be tired!) and the Taurus is at 240,000. Just broken in! :biggrin:

The only place vehicles go when we're done with them is the junkyard.

Regards,
Michael

Herb G

Michael, I hear ya on that one. I just got rid of a Geo Prism (Toyota Corolla) that was 25 years old. It had 325K miles on it. I donated it to a place that sells them for money to help the mentally handicapped people learn job skills & stuff.
I hated to see it go, and it still ran well, but it was getting too hard to find parts for.

Top Bottom