No Pen Turning Today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

Grand daughter, LOML and I went on a roadtip after school instead. Where did we go and what did we see. Nolan you can't guess

Attachments

• 100_3623.jpg
    100_3623.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 251
  • 100_3622.jpg
    100_3622.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rfturner

You went to Modesto, to either see the Amgen Tour or a fetival of some kind. Specifically you went to 930 11th Street, Modesto, CA 95354-2319 and sat across from there, also known as the the location of the Fat Cat,
Amazing what you can find out on the internet

tbroye

It was the AMGEN Tour of California. Spent the afternoon in Modesto waiting for the 2 Laps before leading up to the finish. Grandaughter had never seen what here daddy and uncle used to do. She was impressed at speed and feeling wind as they went by. I followed the first 3 stages with her daddy and a couple friends. My oldest son is picking up the race in Palmdale in the morning and chase into Big Bear and then follow the other stages this weekend.

Rfturner

That is Awesome, I road bike and I hit the top speed of 51MPH going down hill once, and into the upper 40s on other rides. The Pros maintain about 27+Mph the entire race with sprints being much higher

GaryMGg

That is Awesome, I road bike and I hit the top speed of 51MPH going down hill once, and into the upper 40s on other rides. The Pros maintain about 27+Mph the entire race with sprints being much higher

After climbing most of the morning, I remember coming down from the top of the mountain (as it was) outside New Paltz, NY on a Gios Torino.
I was 18-20" from a stranger on a motorcycle -- close enough to watch his speedometer as we roared down the hills at 55 MPH.
Cars behind us never bothered to honk since they couldn't keep up.
I've done 47 MPH on flat ground motorpacing behind a concrete truck in a neighborhood.
Too much fun! :biggrin:

Top Bottom