Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just so you know I turn other than Corn Cob pens

Image Insert:
20049211449_crushed%20velovetantler.jpg

15.27KB
Top is modified Eurostyle in crushed velvet
second modified slime line antler with a #3 center ring(brass)
Third is modifed antler no center ring
Last is American Classic in mule deer antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

Nice looking pens Eagle. Can you photo them one by one? Maybe it is my computer monitor, but they are kind of blurry. I would like to see the detail better as it looks like you have done a very good job.

G

Every one mentions the smell of antler.
I will admit when I am sanding or drilling I am reminded of the dentists office but when turning I have my D.C. with an HVAC boot on the back side of the lathe and I don't smell anything! No CA fumes either!

William Young

Eaglesc;
I took your photo to Microsoft Photo Editor and brightened it up for a better look and WOW ! ! , Are those pens ever nice. I sure like the crushed velvet one at the top but they are all real nice. I have never turned anything but wood. What is the material in the crushed velvet one.??

W.Y.

G

I don't know exactly Bill but thanks for the kudos.
I ahve mixed feelings about that pen.
When all is said a done, its' a pretty plastic pen. I have seen a lot of pretty plastic pens at chain store spit out by machines.
That pen was an experiment.
If you'll notice its' a Eurostyle pen but the bottom barrel has the same dia as the top.
I turned a small tenon on the bottom. I fipped the bushings around to turn the dia.
Back to the crushed velvet. I didn't want to step on any toes but I have to admit they are nice. And no finishing headches either!
They are pricey,I paid about $4.50 at Klingspor.
I bought it to use for center bands. Figured it would last longer that way.

Hey send me the pics you fixed O.K.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom