Night Writer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 76winger

76winger

I haven't made any slims for a while and I have a lady that wanted to see some black ones for her hubby, so I've been busy wiping some up tonight. I'd normally go with plating that contrasts with, and complements the color of the blank, so gold TN and Rhodium were my first choices. I ordered some extra blanks to have some spares on hand, and while waiting on the choice kits to arrive I decided to experiment and "just see" what would happen if I did black on black.

I'm guessing many have done this before, but it's my first and was just an experiment, but I like the way it came out!

So, I give you: The Night Writer

Please, let me know what you think!

E.T.A.:
I believe that kit was a door prize from the last Indianapolis I.A.P. meeting in October
The ones I normally use don't have that glossy of a finish

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

I like it. Very cool. A little reverse paint would have definitely helped though. The black refill was a nice touch!

Yes I realized that AFTER working it down to finish size. I usually have the Jet Black Aquapearl from PSI on hand (they don't need reverse painting). So I got these from Woodturningz, who got them to me overnight since they're just a dozen miles away, so I could get a special order made. I'll be ready to reverse paint the next time I use them.

I'm actually surprised the black tip got noticed. I just colored it with a Sharpie marker to enhance the picture. Good catch!

SDB777

Black is awesome, and hard to photo correctly.....you done it perfectly!

I'd love to see a bigger photo...hard to see all the details of the finish when they(the photo) is small like these. Any swirlies in the finish?

Scott (black blanks test you on the finish) B

76winger

Black is awesome, and hard to photo correctly.....you done it perfectly!

I'd love to see a bigger photo...hard to see all the details of the finish when they(the photo) is small like these. Any swirlies in the finish?

Scott (black blanks test you on the finish) B
Scott ____^^^^^^^^ - Yes, they do!

No swirls, just solid color.

NOTE: You can see a bigger picture - just click on it and you'll be taken to the main photo the members photos area, which will give you a medium sized picture. Then you can click on THAT one to see the full-sized photo that I uploaded.

76winger

I like it. Very cool. A little reverse paint would have definitely helped though. The black refill was a nice touch!

It's just the stock cartridge with the tip colored black with a sharpie marker. I did that just for the photo so it would look completely black.

Haynie

I haven't made any slims for a while and I have a lady that wanted to see some black ones for her hubby, so I've been busy wiping some up tonight.

The Language Arts teacher in me HAD to tackle this one.

I am the one usually wiping up the remains of pens while you folks are usually whipping them up for customers.

Cool pen by the way. I want an all black Jr. Gent FP with only the gold nib. Too bad it will never happen.

Last edited:

76winger

I haven't made any slims for a while and I have a lady that wanted to see some black ones for her hubby, so I've been busy wiping some up tonight.

The Language Arts teacher in me HAD to tackle this one.

I am the one usually wiping up the remains of pens while you folks are usually whipping them up for customers.

Cool pen by the way. I want an all black Jr. Gent FP with only the gold nib. Too bad it will never happen.

I hate it when even the spell-checker doesn't understand me... :wink:

You found my long lost brother. THANK YOU!!
IMG_7999.JPG

EarlD

That's super nice! I need to order a black blank...I have the kit. Ummm, wonder if we can get some red blinking lights on it someway?:)

Top Bottom