NIB REPLACEMENT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RODNEYBREAN

I've searched the library and watched that same video, I have some Jr Gent fp kits but can't seem to get any of the nibs off. I don't know if the nib is not meant to be replaced without replacing the whole housing unit? I just wanted to put a better nib on them

Rodney

Yes they can be upgraded, Sometimes you have to "force" them out of the houseing by wiggling them back and forth a bit, but they are designed to be changed if you want.

RODNEYBREAN

I have wiggled, pulled even used pliers on one and ruined the nib. they just don't seem to want to come out. It doesn't seem like you would have to use the force I am using to get the nib out, that's why I was wondering if just the nib can be replaced or if you have to replace the nib,feeder and housing. It seems to be all one unit. Maybe they are just stuck together but you would think out of 4 kits I could get one nib out.

Rodney

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have wiggled, pulled even used pliers on one and ruined the nib. they just don't seem to want to come out. It doesn't seem like you would have to use the force I am using to get the nib out, that's why I was wondering if just the nib can be replaced or if you have to replace the nib,feeder and housing. It seems to be all one unit. Maybe they are just stuck together but you would think out of 4 kits I could get one nib out.

Rodney

Hey Rodney!!

Some months ago, Smitty reported that the maker of the Junior Gent ONE
was gluing in the nibs. Now, historically those kits had removable nibs. However, from your report here I would guess you have a glued-in version.

Sometimes Smitty says some REALLLY useful things!!!!! (yeah, it is rare):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The last JG1 FP kits I bought from Rizheng I bought with the intention of upgrading the nibs and found that they can't be replaced. I spoke to Rinheng about it and they said they would change that but I have no idea if they've done it. I can't speak about any other supplier because I don't know. If you intend to upgrade the nib I'd try to find a nib, feed and housing that will work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom