Nib replacement for Gent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alxe24

Can anyone tell me where can I get one? A customer dropped his on the floor and you can tell the rest. Now he needs a new nib (it was the 2 tone)
Can you tell me if I can get those for less than a kit will cost?
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Contact CS tech support and ask about their replacement nibs. The catalog says the nibs won't fit a Gentleman. But, when I talked to CS I was told the actual nib can be pulled out of the replacements and inserted into the Gent holder. But do ask and get clarification. The guy I talked to didn't exactly inspire confidence with what he was saying. He included some "I think" and "maybe" phrases.

gerryr

I think your best bet may be to contact Anthony, Penworks, to see if he has any. I think he might because he replaces a lot of the stock nibs with 14K ones. The replacement nibs in the CSUSA catalog are for the Jr. Gent/Statesman/Americana and are too small for a full size Gent or Statesman. The curvature of the small nib won't fit the curvature of the Gent feed.

Brewmeister35

I have the same problem with an imperial. I've called CSU yesterday and told them I had a damaged one that needed replacement and they told me there is no replacement nib available. Sometimes they will do things like send you a complete kit to replace your nib so talk to their customer support people. They are great! Some here say that the large nibs from Arizona Silhouette will work as a replacement also.

gerryr

Perhaps you could enlighten us on where these "large" nibs are in CSUSA's catalog on website.

As a side note, I can't find the replacement nibs at all in the new CS catalog, but they are still on the website.

Firefyter-emt

My mistake, You can't apparently buy them from CSUSA, but they interchange. Buy one from AZ and it will fit the Gent pen. You will need to swap over the nib itself, but it just pulls right out.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Perhaps you could enlighten us on where these "large" nibs are in CSUSA's catalog on website.

As a side note, I can't find the replacement nibs at all in the new CS catalog, but they are still on the website.

page 123, lower right hand corner.

mdburn_em

I can't comment on where to get a replacement. But I do have a question that goes with it.
I can't, for the life of me, imagine why CSUSA doesn't carry replacement nibs for these pens? Anybody have any ideas? They have a proprietary design in them. They have to obtain the nibs for the kits from somewhere. Why wouldn't they order and stock extra's?

To me this would be like a company selling a pen with a ballpoint refill that is proprietary to them. you wouldn't be able to buy them anywhere else (without great difficulty) AND this company wouldn't stock any refills.
My word for a company that did that would be...asinine.

Firefyter-emt

They do... sure they come with the feeder assy, but those are just extral parts. The most expensive nib like the gent takes is only $8.00 which is chump change compared to a "real" nib.

then there is this place in China...... [}:)]

mdburn_em

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />They do... sure they come with the feeder assy, but those are just extral parts. The most expensive nib like the gent takes is only $8.00 which is chump change compared to a "real" nib.

...and exactly why should we have to do this?

Firefyter-emt

Well, there is always the chance when it's dropped that the feeder is damaged. My point is that they are so cheap in the relm of pen nibs that it's a moot point. Just ask Anthony there how much a replacement for say a Waterman, or Parker ect would cost...

Take a peek at this link.. Sure makes the $4.00 to $8.00 range seem cheap.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/29oydp

**Edited by MesquiteMan to shorten URL and prevent the wide screen phenomenon!**

mdburn_em

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt

...Sure makes the $4.00 to $8.00 range seem cheap.

Please understand I'm not arguing whether it can be done or how much it costs to do it. My question is why can't the customer have 2 complete nib assembly's, if they wish...without having to rob another kit. Why can we get replacement nib's for everything but the big pen$. It just doesn't make sense to me.

PenWorks

The problen is really just supply and demand. Generally, you need to order 5,000 nibs in the same writing grade to have them made.(steel) So if you stocked Fine, Medium & Broad nibs, you will have 15,000 nibs lying around and if they sold 100 nibs a year, I would be impressed. [:0] It just doesn't come up that often for them to address the issue and they allready have replacement parts for 4.50 and 8.00 I am not defending the suppliers, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom