Next get together

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

burgerman

I'd be happy to bring an HEB pre-cooked brisket. You are right, they are really good. I hadn't thought of that. If you are going to have a grill, we could throw it on for a while to heat it up. I'll go ahead and bring one, unless there is any objection.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I will certainly have a grill. I am going to borrow a large pit from my neighbor so we shoudl be covered there. Anyone who has offered tables, please bring them. I would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them!

JAB1

Brisket

Frank...go ahead and bring a HEB precooked brisket.....we could use more meat.....I will bring some BBQ sauce....Allan

JAB1

Update

Everyone keep referring back to my post ( page 11) with all the details....I am making changes ( editing it) as I get new info.....for instance, Tim Walkup will be bringing german potato salad, not Tim Hughes. Frank is bringing another brisket.....

So, check that post at least daily for changes.....Allan

Last edited:

Verne

If wanted, I will bring as much deer burger, sausage, etc. as I can muster. May even be able to find a deer roast or two!
Really looking forward to seeing everyone.
Vern I also have a couple of those 5' plastic tables if still needed.

What time???????

JAB1

Other items

We need someone or someones to volunteer to bring trimmings...pickles, onions, jalapenos.
Any takers?

Verne

Ok Monty. Sorry I musta missed that post. Guess that means to leave at o'dark thirty!!!
Allan, you got plenty of tables?
Pickles dill and sweet, onions, and japaleno's, done!!
Deer burgers, sausage, ?

The Penguin

Ok Monty. Sorry I musta missed that post. Guess that means to leave at o'dark thirty!!!
Allan, you got plenty of tables?
Pickles dill and sweet, onions, and japaleno's, done!!
Deer burgers, sausage, ?
I'll bring a cooler, feel free to fill it. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jedgerton

Curtis,

I have one (possibly two) 6' tables I can bring. I'll even leave one of them with you if you like for just such occasions.

Thanks for putting this on, it's looking like it will be quite a production!

John

phillywood

I like to come to the get together this Sat. 5/15/2010, but need to know what to bring and what the address is? anyone can help, form the local san Antonio chapter? By the way keith and Eugene I am still waiting to hear form you guys if you wnated to carpool? drop me a note please. :confused:

phillywood

I like to come to the get together this Sat. 5/15/2010, but need to know what to bring and what the address is? anyone can help, form the local san Antonio chapter? By the way keith and Eugene I am still waiting to hear form you guys if you wnated to carpool? drop me a note please. :confused:[/quote]

chuybregts

Hey Guys, I RSVP'd a while ago, but haven't been online to follow the discussion (Thanks for the poke Allen!)

1) Food items you are bringing - (trimmings)Pickles, Jalepenos, Onions.
2) Whether or not you will do a class or demo - No
3) What and amount of beer you are bringing - none, don't like the stuff
4) whether or not you will be bringing items for a swap meet - I'll take a look but probably won't. My collection is still pretty "newbie-ish" so not many exciting pieces of wood.
5) whether or not you are bringing anything to sell - No
6) whether or not you are bringing your significant other - Yes, she's interested.
7) whether or not you will be staying the night - No

Any other trimmings let me know! (sorry for the delay)

Last edited:

JAB1

Post 109

Remember to check post # 109 until late Friday nite....I am posting updates, new folks coming, food to bring, etc......

Check your name and the food stuff you are supposed to bring !!! If you cannot tell already, my TYPE A and anal retentiveness is showing !!!!!

I will bring my digital camera to take still shots of us in action for inclusion on this forum......

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Having a mini lathe would be a good idea, especially if it is variable speed. I have a spare Turncrafter Pro that can be used but am spoiled by my Nova DVR and hate changing belts! Having a variable speed would be helpful for my CA demo since my DVR is a little hard to move and where it is located, is harder to get a lot of folks around.

chuybregts

I just saw in post 109 that Verne is bringing pickles, onions, jalapenos, would you guys like me to bring something else?

Oh and Curtis, my mini lathe isn't VS but I'll bring it anyway!

phillywood

Mesquite stumps

If I can talk Curtis out of a chunk of mesquite about 2X2X6, I'll do a demo on how quick and simple it is to make a 4 in 1 screwdriver.
And/or how to make a cartridge pen with a 30 cal nib.

Monty, about a month or so ago I had my Mesquite tree trimmed and i have several chunks of them. Since I am new and have not aquired a lathe yet i's be happy to bring some with me just let me know how many you need. These stomps are about 10" in diameter and I's say about 10 or 12" high. i think i should ahve at least about 5 of them. But I's like to see your demo up close and maybe some one would let me to really get my feet wet on a lathe. :bananen_smilies046:eek:f course after we are done with the classes.

phillywood

the log size?

I imagine I have a little to spare!

Also, if anyone is interested, I can do a demo on sawing logs on my sawmill. Not directly pen related but fun and interesting nonetheless. Also, if anyone has some logs they want sawed, bring them and we can cut them up. Contact me for minimum size before bringing them, though.

Curtis what 's the min. dimensions?
Thanks, Philip

phillywood

Up Dated 5/13/10 @9:59 AM
I just talked to Allan today little while ago and here it is the final result:
(Allan i just talked to Eugene this afternoon and I told him that i'd like to bring some cheese cake squares form Costco. We have used them before and everytime we get them people liked them. Also, I'd like to know if you want me to bring water bottles for in between the meals. lease let me know so I can have them ready by Friday, since I am riding along with keith and Eugene. I'd hate to hold them back last minutes for the things that we need to bring. And here is my Final List as of 10:06 AM:
1) Food items - Cheese Cake Desert 2 Boxes, Pre-sliced, Pre-Cooked Brisket from Sam's, some water bottles.
2) Whether or not you will do a class or demo - No
3) What and amount of beer you are bringing - I'll bring waters instead.
4) whether or not you will be bringing items for a swap meet -
No I am new and don't have any< i'll bring 4 or 5 Mesquite logs Instead.
5) whether or not you are bringing anything to sell - No
6) whether or not you are bringing your significant other - no
7) whether or not you will be staying the night- no

Meanwhile: :bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies046::party:

Last edited:

burgerman

This is probably a dumb question, but are we bringing some of our best pens as a sort of "show and tell" like we did last time?

JAB1

Stuff

As someone mentioned, bring your best stuff to show off.....I think Curtis has a couple of tables where we can have a " show and tell" area. This generates alot of discussion and high fives.
Also, someone ( Curtis?) mentioned someone bringing a mini lathe or two. Probably a good idea...we have a couple of newbies coming that could use a little one-on-one with a lathe.

Be sure to check post # 109 periodically. That is where I post the latest changes, additions, new folks coming, food, etc.....

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Phillip,

If you want to bring mesqutie logs that is fine but I have PLENTY of mesquite if you don't want to mess with dragging it along. I have about 4,000 bf of mesquite logs! Now you know why I use the handle that I use!

As for the sawmill...the minimum diameter log that is worth milling is about 8" if it is a really worthwhile wood. The minimum length is about 4' but I can sometimes cut shorter with the help of a jig I made (if I can find it).

Remember, be sure to print out the map or at least read the directions. If you just use my address in your GPS, YOU WILL LIKELY NOT GET HERE!

The Penguin

well, my EZ-Up is not so easy any more. years of beach use have finally taken their toll on one of the legs and I don't have spare parts here to fix it.

so, we can either use one of Curtis's logs to prop up 1 corner, or it'll need some "repetitive percussive maintenance" to get the leg to extend. I hit it with some PB Blaster last night, maybe that will loosen it up.

Verne

Well folks, the time is almost come. I've decided that o dark thirty isn't for me so will leave the boundaries of Houston at aobut 7 which makes my arriva near10:30.
I have plenty of deer burger, sausage, some alligator and I don't know what all. If after my arrival there is still need for condiments I will be glad to fetch'em. If there is still need for tables/tents/etc. please pm me tonite or early in am.

Vern

Top Bottom