newest shot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rccrazybill

rccrazybill

Brushed Copper acrylic
tn_cigar%20copper.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

Bill, this one is the same as the 3rd shaving/makeup brush. The nib end looks great, the top end is too dark. I do know the guys who know what they are talking about say to lay the item length ways in line with your camera, like your 1st brush pic.

I just bought a light tent today and still hoping take a couple of pics tonight. So, it's not as if I know what I am talking about;)

Dan_F

Bill---I left a detailed post in your previous thread. You have the same problem with depth of field here. If the pen was parallel to the camera, lens, it would all be in focus at this exposure setting.

One additional thing, with a very dark pen, you need to let in a little extra light, which means a slower shutter speed. But with a light background, that will give a very bright white and possibly displeasing background. Better to use a darker, neutral gray background, which will have less contrast to the pen, making it easier to look at.

Dan

hilltopper46

A couple things....

One - there is a forum section for photo topics - that's the place to ask and discuss problems with taking photos. Also, the brushes belong in the 'Other things we make' section.:)

Two - is it possible you mixed up the nib and clip end bushings on your cigar pen? You wouldn't be the first one to do so, and the nib end looks way under turned.

Both comments are intended to be gentle suggestions - I'm just not very diplomatic when it comes to wording things.:)

Top Bottom