newby penturner from the UK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Just to say hi to all fellow turners and the work within the gallery's is inspirational, you know about month ago I said to myself I would never get into pen turning I have always turned large fruit bowls and wooden fruit in natural timbers which I still do' I always had this thing in my mind that bigger is better "ha so wrong". A friend of mine wanted to use my workshop for a while and he said just give the pen turning a go' well now I am turning pens every day and yes it is addictive. Nice to meet you all happy tuning.
Mervyn

splintinfinger

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonInSpringTX

May I be the first to welcome you from Spring,TX... love the name!!! Looking forward to see some of your pens / bowls. We American blokes ain't so bad eh??? lol Led Zep rules!!!

Ronnie

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Mervyn :D Welcome to the IAP, you will love it here. I believe you are the 90th member from UK. Great work on the fruit bowls, looking forward to seeing some pens too.

Cheers

Edit in; I just saw some of your pens on your site. Very nice!!!!
I do think that you are giving them away though!!!:D

Hi skiprat thanks to all for the comments on the fruit and the very warm welcome and yes I do love it in here. I have not sold any pens as yet
still building a stock as I do plan to sell them through the website at the moment going to retake all the images again as I not happy with with the quality of the shots. The pens I have turned are the cigar pen, classic fountain pen in various African and Australian timbers the slimline and the European design oh and a pencil I think around 40 pens altogether so when I manage to take some quality shots I will post them.
Many thanks
Mervyn
splinteringfiner

Celt40

Welcome Mervyn.
Your in the right place. I am also a kind of newbie like you, and you will find that if you have any problems or fears this forum and its members are only to glad to help you:)

Top Bottom