newbie's first acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from doohboy24

Status
Not open for further replies.

doohboy24

okay folks newbie here. i have been turning now for three weeks total. never used a lathe before in my life. so you guys be nice but be truthful so i can learn to make these beautiful pens like you guys here. sorry about the photo quality but need to learn to use my new canon eos rebel xl dslr. cant seem to figure out how to turn the darn flash off.

after turning the blanks down i wet sanded myself to 600 grit. i then used 00 steel wool followed by 0000 steel wool. both wet. i then used a wax and buffed it out.

the blank is a milky way acrylic i got from wc with a 24k psi slimline kit. please tell me what you thnk so i can improve my pen turning. thanks alot guys. chuck

0079230381_1st%20acrylic%20%20milky%20way%20color2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Chuck,

From what I can see, it looks pretty nicely done. The dark/busy background makes it a little difficult to really see the pen in detail, though.

-Barry

kirkfranks

Chuck,
I could not see enough from your picture.
I brightened it up using my standard filters. I hope you don't mind.
I don't know if the colors are correct now.

20079231423_test.jpg
<br />

I would say that it looks like the pen came out pretty good.
Might want to try some of the plastic polish for a higher gloss.

doohboy24

thanks for the background info. is it better to use a lighter colored background?? and like i said earlier still trying to figure the camera out on getting the correct balance. never had to shoot something before where i have to try to catch the detail i see in others photos here. gonna try to learn to though. thanks again for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom