Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

malonjw

I am new to blank casting and I am walking a steep curve. I am sure you folks have a lot of knowledge. I want to cast some small logos on the blank. I am trying to print on inkjet paper and then apply it the tube. What paper is the best. what about adhesive? I have been using Clear Gloss Finish Sealer which keeps the resin out of the paper. Does anyone have any tips?? Thanks so much!

VE5MDH

I don't think the paper would be the issue in this case, just what type of adhesive to use. Looks like it may be trial & error to experiment though this process. I have seen images of someone using postage stamps wrapped on the tube, and clear PR. Finished product looked nice indeed. I do believe Thin CA was used in this case, and not the gum on the stamps itself. I'm not too sure if I saw this Stamp Pen in the Library here. Someone (maybe the author of the Stamp Pen) may come forward and assist.

Please keep us updated as to your progress & success!

Michael

malonjw

Re:

Michael - Really, anything that absorbs water (resin) wll soak into the paper. The Chrystal Coat will stop that from happening, but that type of paper doesn't look nearly as good as photo paper. I have some pens others have made that have other paper objects embedded and they look so good. Maybe I am making this more difficult than it really is.

its_virgil

Regular paper will work. CA glue or mod podge can be used to attach the paper. Seal with thin CA or any art supply fixative. I do these often and I print (ink jet) on avery 2 X 4 labels. Stick onto a painted tube and seal with thin ca. Then cast. Let the ink dry for a day. Stick the label and let the adhesive dry for a day. Thin CA seal coat needs to cure for a day or longer then cast. Can't be in a hurry.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom