Newbie to penmaking and woodworking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bigeddy

Hey from Tumwater Washington, I have made about 10 pens so far. I really like making pens. I am a computer tech / network admin by trade , I have been doing that for the last 30 years. I wish I had found pen making 30 years ago I'd be pretty good by now. I want to do things that I can share with others and get good enough to teach kiddos in the neighborhood to do something fun and productive. Pens have got the fire going in this ol guy and I hope to have some more shortly to share.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Welcome from Connecticut! You have found the right place to "feed your addiction!" :biggrin:

ctubbs

Welcome Bigeddy, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

steeler fan1

Welcome Bigeddy;

I started in the computer field in 1963, (was called Data Processing then). Retired about 10 years ago and never looked back:tongue:. Just started turning a little over a year ago and like alot of folks I wonder why I didn't find this hobby sooner:wink:. I just love it and I'm sure you will also. You've found the right place for assistance and help. We like questions and really love pictures:laugh:

Carl

bigeddy

Thank you folks. I think this will be a new home for me. I also would like to help anyone I can. I would like to start a club in Olympia just for making pens and boxes. I don't want to be in charge as I don't know enough about the pens or boxes yet. I have had a computer group in the area for the last 28 years and have just decided enough is enough it is not fun anymore. Wood is good, so lets make shavings :)

broitblat

Welcome.

Check out the local chapters forum for the Washington chapter. We're still ramping up, but we'd love to have you join us next time we come up with a meeting.

...and let's see some pictures.

-Barry

TexasTaxi

IMO, you joined the wrong forum.
After you read here awhile, you'll be on "gotta try that" overload! :wink:

This site is overflowing with knowledge, ideas, and the right people to answer ANY question!

Top Bottom