Newbie from South Florida

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JRKirsch

JRKirsch

Well, a few months into this pen making addiction has had me distracted to say the least ( thinking of new things to glue together and how to do it so it doesn't blow out) and with questions whether I enjoy turning wood, PR, or horn better. They are all great, each having their challenges. Thanks to all for their informative postings, pictures, and ideas. I am now building an air conditioned shop in my garage so that I can turn pens in the hot Florida summer. I have made around 2 dozen pens and finally feel like I can post a couple. Thank you for your constructive or destructive critisism. JR
pen1.JPG

pen15.jpg

pen17.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotirish

Welcome! Is this your first meeting? We usually start out by saying our name then admitting that we are pen turners. :eek::eek: Just kidding! :biggrin::biggrin: It is always to have new members.
Ron

Brooks803

All 3 look great. Personally I like the 2nd one best. What materials did you use in each pen? What type of finish did you use?

Keep em coming! Welcome to IAP :biggrin:

ToddMR

I like the 2nd one best too. I think it looks really sleek. Nicely done and welcome to the site. Hope to see more from you.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You are well on your way sir. Let's see you at the next local chapter meeting and, please bring your pens with you. Nice work.

JRKirsch

All 3 look great. Personally I like the 2nd one best. What materials did you use in each pen? What type of finish did you use?

Keep em coming! Welcome to IAP :biggrin:
The top pen in red palm with a CA finish.
Second is black lucite woth no finish. Sat in front of a buffing wheel for a while.
Third is buffalo horn lower tube with segmented buffalo horn/ spalted birch upper. CA finish on upper only.
Thanks for looking.

Where in So Fla?

I am a resident of Boynton Beach, haven't lived there in 7 years, but its home I guess.

Welcome aboard.

I live in Coral Springs and my office is in Boca Raton. Hot and rainy as usual. Your missing much.

Both my kids were born in Boca, used to dive out of there a lot.

Do miss Boca from time to time! Some of the best looking women in the world hang out there!

Top Bottom