Newbie First's from SoCal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nascrdad

nascrdad

I have been lurking, and learning. This is my first post, my first Spalted pen, my first pen picture, and my first try at stabilizing. Not sure what kind of wood, it was in a box of odds and ends. It was very soft. This is a Sketch Pencil from Woodcraft.C&C's welcome.
Spalted1.jpg,Spalted2.jpg,Spalted3.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Welcome from down in San Diego!

That looks great!

My guess would be Spalted Tamerind? I turned a piece of Spalted Beech.and it looked like that too.

Marko50

Great job David! Looks like it could be spalted birch? Welcome from North-Central Utah

Last edited:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Welcome from Hampton, VA. Nice first pen, very well done. I know were you are my mom and dad lived in a retirement community there for many years. Look forward to see more of your work.

tgsean

Welcome and that is a great pen! A lot of the spalted pens look similar, but spalted hackberry is another possibility! Cheers

robutacion

Welcome mate, from the land of the Kangaroos in South Australia

So...! you think that you have deep pockets, huh...???:) lets see wjat you will say in another 12 months time...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Have fun in the process...!

Cheers
George

Ogg

Hey nice looking pencil. I've been thinking about making a few of those myself. I have a couple pieces of wood that look almost identical to that. Can't remember where I got them from, but the ones I have are spalted alder.

tgsean

Welcome and Fantastic first pen

That's a beauty. Welcome from Kalgoorlie, Western Australia

Top Bottom