New Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

wyone

Mahogany really surprises me. I don't see any of the characteristic dark dots that I have always had in the mahogany I use.

Regardless it is a VERY cool wood! Thinking you need to go out and help there often. :) :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Well , it was easier to guess that than going through 50 species of manzanita !! Seriously though , I have , I think , 5 blanks of it . May not be as nicely coloured - can`t tell because I can`t lay my hands on them , but my inventory tells me I do , and my memory (admittedly faulty at times) tells me that I haven`t used them .

1080Wayne

Mahogany really surprises me. I don't see any of the characteristic dark dots that I have always had in the mahogany I use.

Regardless it is a VERY cool wood! Thinking you need to go out and help there often. :) :)

If you go to the USDA Plants database and search mahogany , you will find the name used for members of several different plant families . Mountain mahoganys are members of the rose family - perhaps only found in the W US , but I haven`t checked that .

keithbyrd

If you go to the USDA Plants database and search mahogany , you will find the name used for members of several different plant families . Mountain mahoganys are members of the rose family - perhaps only found in the W US , but I haven`t checked that .

According to the research I did - you are correct - part of the rose family and western US

wyone

well you know.. if I keep learning things in here.. I may forget my name.. My brain only has so much capacity and I learn things daily here so my brain is getting full. :) :)

Mahogany and Rose in the same family.. I never would have thought that

Top Bottom