New Wedding band after 31 years.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

I finally replaced my wedding band. I had a small accident several years ago that damaged my original wedding band, and gave me a nice scar. When I got into turning pens, I saw the bangle guy was planning on offering rings. Well, I finally got around to ordering the supplies, and now after 31 years, I have a new wedding band. I had a small slab of Desert Iron Wood burl. Not really thick enough to cut into pen blanks, but plenty big to make a ring blank.

I used walnut oil, and pens plus for the finish. I just like the warmth this finish gives wood compared to CA.

What do you think?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Tell her that this new wooden ring is for fun and when she is relaxing or on a trip. :cool:

Give her the new one when she leasts expect it. :biggrin:
Charcoal is so over rated......never under stood why a shiney new bass boat isn't a good gift.......or a chromed out Harley isn't something they want. :tongue:

But we give them what they want and just quietly shake our heads. :laugh:

BSea

Have my 30'th in 2 months.... Hmnnn enough time?

Thanks for the inspiration!
It took me about 2 hours, and that included watching the video. I got the ring mandrel. If I hadn't had to wait on that, I'd have done this months ago. It may not be required, but it sure made it easier. So 2 months should be plenty of time.

I have been thinking about getting one. Mine, ummm uhhhh, shrunk (I'm sure that's why it doesn't fit anymore)
Funny, my old one shrank too.:rolleyes:

Fishinbo

It's a beauty! The burl is gorgeous with those pretty grains and awesome finish. It looks precious but not costly, a great option as a wedding band. Great job!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Have my 30'th in 2 months.... Hmnnn enough time?

Thanks for the inspiration!
It took me about 2 hours, and that included watching the video. I got the ring mandrel. If I hadn't had to wait on that, I'd have done this months ago. It may not be required, but it sure made it easier. So 2 months should be plenty of time.

I have been thinking about getting one. Mine, ummm uhhhh, shrunk (I'm sure that's why it doesn't fit anymore)
Funny, my old one shrank too.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys, sure are a source of inspiration... Shrinkage... Hmmn NOT FOR ME!

I appreciate the good timeline though... Wifey is in England for 2 weeks in April... Lathe time, lathe time, lathe time.... :biggrin::tongue::biggrin::tongue:

BSea

Great job Bob. Showed that to the misses, now she wants matching rings for us.

Harry
You'll need to check his site for sizes. I know he doesn't have anything small enough for my wife. But she has really small hands. I can't fit her ring over the 1st knuckle on my pinky. I think she wears a 4 or 4.5.

Top Bottom