New Turners or New Members PITH with me?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

Since we didn't have a BASH in February and haven't had a Summer Extravaganza for a couple of years, I was hoping that one of the relatively new pen turners or new IAP members might be interested in an impromptu PITH exchange. (For you folks that haven't experienced it yet, PITH stands for Pen In The Hat, essentially a pen swap between a couple of members. The BASH was an online IAP anniversary party with contests, puzzles, pen swaps and such).

I only have three conditions.

First, I live in Nebraska, so only other folks that live in the USA that are within reach of the US Postal Service. (I apologize to our International members, but postage to anywhere else is prohibitive).

Second, I would like to have the exchange completed in two weeks, three at the latest.

And, Finally, since there are a lot of you, but there is only one of me I can only do a single swap at this moment, so instead of setting up some kind of lottery, I will take the first offer that replies to this thread.

Afterwards we can either communicate through this thread for general information or through the PM (Private Message) system for more sensitive information, like for exchanging mailing addresses. (For you folks that haven't experienced it yet, the PM system is accessed by clicking on the "Start conversation" link at the bottom of forum posts).

I hope there is some interest 'cause I did really miss the PITH part of the BASH.

Best Regards,
Dave

PS Even though this is on a first-come basis, if there is more interest, anyone can use this same forum PITH (Pen In The Hat - Pen Swaps) to set up exchanges with other members.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

I would love to participate in this PITH if I can still be considered new (<5yrs)

Great idea, cheers
Yes! It will be fun! - You appear to fit the relatively new IAP members category and according to according to many of the veteran members, I am a relatively new turner too. (I bought my first lathe in March of 2017 just a little over 6 years ago). I will send my address to you in a PM shortly.

To everyone else, this PITH between myself (egnald) and floatslow has been set up, so please consider this thread closed. But remember, if you are interested in doing a PITH exchange with someone, just make a post in this forum to set it up. With as many active and talented members in IAP, I'm sure you can make it happen. I highly recommend giving it a try, it is a great way of cultivating closer connections between members.

Regards,
Dave

naynay

I've always wanted to do a PITH since joining this forum years ago. I am willing to find a PITH partner as long as they don't mind someone with less than 1 year's experience and as long as they follow through and turn a pen. Hopefully I'll find a PITH partner.

egnald

I've always wanted to do a PITH since joining this forum years ago. I am willing to find a PITH partner as long as they don't mind someone with less than 1 year's experience and as long as they follow through and turn a pen. Hopefully I'll find a PITH partner.
PM sent - Dave

Top Bottom