New turner's first few attempts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AZGRUNT

AZGRUNT

Hello all,
I'm a new member and have been turning for almost a month now and thought I would share what I have made so far. These pens are just cheapo slimlines I bought to learn with and will be gifts for friends and family. Please excuse the photo quality, they are just some quick snap shots in the kitchen (one with flash and one without). I will work on taking proper pics in the future. I'm also working on getting the shapes more refined to allow for better clip fit. I know I have a long way to go but I'm really enjoying this hobby as it has turned out to be awesome therapy for me. :bulgy-eyes:

I look forward to learning more from you all.

Regards
Joe

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 227
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 181
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

You'll be surprised at how many folks turn Slimlines as their 'bread-n-butter'....and these would fit that bill nicely!

Scott (pretty high profits with them) B

AZGRUNT

Thanks guys, your support is very encouraging.

Terry, thats sounds like a fun idea. I actually bought a few books with some pretty cool modified slimlines that I would like to try when I get a bit better.

I'm currently also going through the growing pains of "finishes"...... CA and I don't get along very well and I would rather not complete my pens wheezing with my eyes burning and full of tears LOL. So far I have tried, WOP, Shine Juice, Doctor's Pen Plus, Danish Oil, HUT, and Mylands. All have produced a very nice wet look shine, but it does not last very long after being handled. After doing some searching and reading on this site, it seems that if you ask 20 pen turners their thoughts on finishes, you may get darn near 50 suggestions :eek: Next on my list of finishes to try will be GFs WTF, Behlen's WTF and GFs Arm-r-seal. Believe it or not I really enjoy the experimentation to find what works for me and the idea of creating something that I have pictured in my mind.

Thanks again for the kind words and support
Regards
Joe

Top Bottom