New to Pen Making and Woodturning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CTR

CTR

I got my first wood lathe in mid-February 2017 and wish I had started this years ago. Woodturning has become somewhat addictive and a great stress relief. I am a Texas Mason, thus the masonic clips (penkits-UK). The masonic pen in the middle is from Black Walnut (55+ year old wood) that my grandfather harvested from the woods of East Texas (with the help of my dad at a young age) had it milled, barn dried for years, and used to build his cabinets in his home. With that pen, 4 generations have handled that wood as my son also helped with sanding and finishing.

My son wanted a pencil for his school work, so after I turned it and a couple of other projects, he helped sand and apply finish. Great way to make memories with him at this young age that we both can carry with us for years to come.

Need to work on my picture taking skills though...

Attachments

• IMG_6641.jpg
    IMG_6641.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_6661.jpg
    IMG_6661.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Welcome Chris.:)
You are off to a fantastic start with your turning endeavours. Having a cool story and involving family makes the hobby even more enjoyable too. :biggrin:

DJBPenmaker

You are very very lucky, I wish my son and/or my grandson would take even the slightest interest. Feel quite sad

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dehn0045

Hey Chris, welcome from a fellow Texan. Nice pens and cool story. I too need to spend a little more time in the photography forum -- we'll both get there some day.

magpens

Lovely work, Chris !!!!! ... and Welcome to IAP !!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom